forward scheduling for sales orders dates

• Thread starter nicolas deflassieux
  • Start date
nicolas deflassieux

nicolas deflassieux

Hi All,
Question about dates in P4210.
When entering a sales order detail line, P4210 will first do a backward scheduling from the highest date between the request date and the promise delivey date, to calculate the scheduled pick date bases on lead time and transit time.
If the resulting scheduled pick date or promise ship date is below today's date it will automatically do a forward scheduling based on today's date.
We have implemented ATP (available to promise) in our order entry program, so we would like to force all dates based on forward scheduling, starting from the scheduled pick date.
The scheduled pick date we will matching the ATP date i.e the next date goods will be available to ship.

So my question is:
Is there any way we can force JDE to do a forward scheduling without doing the backward scheduling first ?

We are using Xe A7333 SP23, with the transportation module.

Many thanks for your help,

Calculation of promised date,Delivery date and pick date are based on the following cases:

Case 1: If Pick date is > today then date is calculated using Back schedule

Case2: hwne no dates are specified , of the pick date is before today , then the system will use the forward schedule for the calculation of the Pick,Promised and Delivery dates.

I suppose you need to follow the second way so that the forward scheduling will apply.

Please forgive me if i am wrong.

Thanks
Mark.
A7.3 Cum12.

Don't have thre answer, but a similar request for help.

We have a instance where on all sales orders we want the pick date to always be one day prior to to the requested date. This gives the manufacturing and shipping departments a "heads-up". This is done manually on the detail line while entering each line. Any way to automate this?
shocked.gif

Check the documentation for Basic Preferences 9 and 16 for delivery date and
order preparation days. If you are on Xe, then the advanced preferences 3
and 22 are not available.

Russell Karnap
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])

In a message dated 11/19/2008 10:53:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

Don't have thre answer, but a similar request for help.

We have a instance where on all sales orders we want the pick date to always
be one day prior to the requested date. This gives the manufacturing and
shipping departments a "heads-up". This is done manually on the detail line
while entering each line. Any way to automate this?

D Johnson General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies XE, 18.1, Citrix, NT 4.0

Thanks for your answers,

The tricky part in my case is that we are using the transportation module (routing options ) for the order prep days and the transit days. So we can't use preferences.
The only way I can solve my problem is by forcing P4210 to do a forward scheduling from the pick date entered manually instead of doing the backward scheduling from the the highest date between the request date and the promise delivery date.
The order prep days and transit days will comes from the route from transportation module.
I don't think there is a standard processing option to do that, or maybe there is a way to trigger that forward scheduling using another standard functionality.

Dan,
I am sure your request can be solved using preference 16 (G4231/preference). You can activate that preference trough R40400 in P4210 processing options...

Hello,
I've a problem with calculation of dates. System doesn't take in account worday calendar.
ERP 8.12
Thanks in advance

Back