Forum Attachment retrieving failure

Adrian_Chimirel

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric,
I just discovered that Forum attached files can't be retrieved. The error coming in is:
"Not Found
The requested URL /w3tfiles/1-7121-R98403EnvironmentCopy.zip was not found on this server."

Thank you,

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients

File attachments on the Forum should work now. Sorry for the inconvenience. /w3timages/icons/wink.gif

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's working now.

Dank YOU berry mush!

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst

Some time ago a suggestion was made requesting that file attachments be included with messages sent to the mailing lists. After some thought, we have decided that this isn't a good idea for multiple reasons. So instead what we are planning to do is add a line to the messages that says that a file attachment has been included with this post, click here!. When clicked, the user will either be brought to the forum to download the file or the download will start. How does that sound?

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

I think it's a perfect idea, especially for text attachment of, maybe 99kB in size is a good example!

Personally, I'd go further and make the List disappear after, say, 2003 (same as World)/w3timages/icons/doh.gif, and keep the Forum ONLY; but, A LOT of people are not ready for it, at least psychologically.

PS The last three tags from the top first line & the last two in the top second line ... aren't working (at least for me; they show empty, no character included)

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst

It sounds great.
I suppose everybody has internet access at least sometimes for the dowload time. Am I right List/Forum?

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)