Formula's or Different Currency with Advanced Pricing

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
Formula\'s or Different Currency with Advanced Pricing

Here is my requirement:

We have several different adjustments, each as a add on amount. All in US dollars. Now we need to bill in Euro's. Our base currency is USD, the customer/transaction currency will be EUR. The price of the items is still determined in USD, and then we agree ona conversion rate to use to convert to EUR. This rate is NOT what the actual conversion rate is. This rate cound change every few months

If I price the adjustments in USD then JDE will try to use the USD->EUR conversion as defined in the Transaction rates table, which wont be correct, as that is not the negotiated rate. I dont want to calculate the USD price times the negotiated rate for each adjustment and plug that number in as the EUR price as that would be extra maintance.

Any ideas? I tried creating a 3rd Currency called ABC, and setting that to the negotiate rate, but it seems that advanced pricing will only look at records in either the base or tansacion currency. My other Idea was to use a formula and pass the the factor value, but with formula, I could not find a way to use the fator value? Is that possible?

Thanks,
Aaron

RE: Formula\'s or Different Currency with Advanced Pricing

If you are using contract conversion rates, and don't have a lot of
customers, you can setup conversion rates by address book number in the
currency rate program. There may be a processing option to turn on to show
the address number field.

And you are correct, formulas cannot access the factor/value field. You
would have to setup a separate variable table for every item to get formulas
to work. That's probably impractical.

Hope this helps!

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Re: Formula\'s or Different Currency with Advanced Pricing

Aaron,

Not sure how many of these adjustments you have but you could set up a formula that uses 2 variable tables. 1 variable table to hold your contract price and the other with the agreed conversion.

Alternatively, you can set up Blanket Orders that represent these contract prices.

Hope this helps,

Back