Form Interconnect problem

Mitio

Hello,

I am trying to call a Headerless Detail form from a Find/Browse one, populating the first one's grid using one row from the second one. I used the thread Form Interconnect as a reference since I saw the poster had succeeded. I have used the same Business View for the data structures of both forms, I pass the GC object values from the Find/Browse form to the Headerless Deatail one (I do the call using a push button click event), and then I pass the corresponding FI object values to the GCs in the called HD form (in the Post Dialog is Initialized event). However, the grid in the called form remains empty when I test it.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am not 100% clear on what you are currently doing but I think I understand what you want to do. There are probably several ways to accomplish what you are trying. Here is what I would do:

From the find browse pass the record key values to the headerless detail (sounds like you are all ready doing this).

In the headerless detail post init event, take these FI values and put them in either some FC filter fields on the headerless detail or in the QBE columns (I prefer FC filter fields). Next programmatically press the Find button.

Optionally you can disable the FC filter fields so the user can't change the passed values. You can also disable the find button if you want to prevent the user from changing filter criteria somehow and pulling in different records.

Thank you for the fast reply!
I used the QBE way, and it works just fine now. The only drawback is that the QBE fields are visible on top of the grid, which is kinda pointless, considering I am editing one row at a time, but I didn't quite figure out how to use FC filter fields, so this will have to do.
Thanks for your help again!

Mitio,
You just place a FC = Form Control on the FORM, not in the grid, as you would do with with a GC = Grid Control.
Next, you open up the FC Edit properties, select the "Filter" tab, and click on the "=" Radiobutton.
Then, assign the FI value to the FC.
Then you can start reading the manual, finally.

Back