Form Exit bar not appearing on fix/inspect

AIUK

I am posting this on behalf of one of our contract developers who is currently working in our Lab environment where we have test upgraded JDE to release: OW XE, B7333, Service Pack 22, Revisions Number 9.

DESCRIPTION:
When calling a fix/inspect application from the “Row Exit & Changed - Asynch” event from a Header/Detail form type, the called F/I application does not display Tools/Form Exit Bar and loses the menu item “Exit Bar” from the drop down menu “Preferences”.
This issue occurs either when the fix/inspect has a Business View and is in “ADD MODE” or when there is no Business View.
This issue is causing a problem with a custom version of P4210, but the issue can be replicated with the vanilla P4210.

HOW TO REPLICATE:
a) Create a fix/inspect application (eg P591234) with no business view and no code and add a form exit (does not need any code behind it).
b) Modify “Sales Order Entry” application P4210 to call this new application (P591234) in form “Sales Order Revisions” W4210A, grid event “Row Exit & Changed - Asynch” just after these statements:

// If F4211 grid data was edited successfully and this is a direct ship line,
// call the F4311 Edit Line to create the purchase order detail line.
//
If VA from_ERRC_Error_Code is not equal to “2”
Call(App P591234, Form W591234A)
…..
…..

c) Run the P4210 application and add a new line to an order. When the “Row Exit & Changed - Asynch” event is processed, the P591234 will appear without the “Form Exit/Tool Bar” and also it is overlaid over the calling form W4210A.

(It is important to note that if you run this under debug that the “Form Exit/Tool Bar” IS displayed.
With the new app functioning correctly under debug it seemed there could be an asynchronous issue here, but I have tried putting a delay in front of the call to the new app (eg B98700 “Wait x seconds” using 30 seconds), but the“Form Exit/Tool Bar” was still not displayed.)

WORKAROUND:
As I could not find any reference to this issue on the Knowledge Garden, the workaround was to place a push button on the form itself to run the code.

Does anyone have any advise on this please!
Thanks!
AIUK.

A very nice geeza from PeopleSoft support has managed to recreate our problem and provide a workaround ...

~ added a Push Button XYZ to my Header Detail form.
~ added the Form Inteconnect to the Push Button
~ hidden the Push Button on the Row Exit.
~ Changed Assynch.
~ added an ER line as follows: Press Button(FC Push Button XYZ)

Worked for us!

Back