Forcing Form App to Run on Fat Client Instead of Web Client

tomkirkley

Hi,
I was once told that there is a file (F98* I think) that holds a flag to tell E1 which client will run the form application. I need to run my custom program on a fat client since it's an Admin tool not user tool.
Thanks for your time and help.
Tom Kirkley

Hi Tom,

You need to do an update on field SIANSIF - table F9860.

Put the value "B", so your custom application will run in the fat client and in web.

The default value is "W".

Regards.

Hi ECOCCARO,
That's the one! :)
I knew it was in the F98* group but it's been so long ago and I haven't needed to use flag in years.
Thanks so much for the info
Tom

While I agree with most of what ECOCCARO says, if you want to make the application run ONLY on the fat client, the value of the field needs to be "C" (fat client only). There is a UDC for ANSIF where you can see all the available values.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the additional info. I didn't know it had a UDC attached to it. I figured it was a Yes/No flag at best.
Thanks again... :)
Tom

Hi ECOCCARO,

I am also interested in that flag, but F9860 / SIANSIF is blank regardless APPL web only or for both web/window. Does the possible some other file (table) ?

Regards
Ray

No, that is the correct table and field.

Are you using a version of E1 before 8.11? Such distinctions for applications were unnecessary in 8.10 and earlier, because full functionality in the fat client was available.

klwong,

We are Application Release E812, and tools release 8.96.40. SQL 2005. I check data through UTB and SQL both show as blank, but I can see APPL application property with web or window check box, so are there anyway to find the 'Flag' ?

Regards
Ray

As other have said - correct file and column.

However, my experience is that you change the SIANSIF to Blank - to make it work on a Developer Client (and Web).

I believe there is another 'C' might mean 'Client' Only

(db)

A blank is an acceptable value in that field. It means that the application can run on both the fat client and HTML client. Look at the UDC associated with ANSIF. That should tell you the same thing that I just did.

I am surprised, however, that your values are blank. Installation of 8.12 should have put most of the APPL values at "W."

This may actually be a little dangerous, as some things that were meant to run only on the fat client (some administration applications) could be run by somebody on the HTML client, and vice-versa (applications with Power Forms).

Just to make sure I didn't dream it up, I went looking, and was surprised to see that the Data Dictionary entry for ANSIF in my copy of 9.0 did not have a UDC attached to it.

Nevertheless, there is a UDC for it. Look for 98/WC. In my copy of 9.0, it lists "C" (client only), "W" (web only), and blank (both web and client), but is missing "B" (which used to mean the same thing as blank).

Ken,

I logged into your system and removed the "B" option, while you weren't looking. I'll send you the invoice in a few days (I'm holding "B" hostage).

(db)

Back