Fixed Assets, creating Asset Master by posting G/L to F/A, responsible bu?

PetterH

Hi all

I'm trying to find out how to get automatic creation of Asset Master records by posting batch from G/L to F/A. I've done all the setups that I can find out in the manual.

My general setup is one BU for BS, which is the same as the company number, 20.
A lot of BU for P&L accounting, +100 of them.
System is JDE E1 9.1

We use subsidiaries on asset object accounts for separating asset category (kitchen equip, windows, etc)
We have subledger type C for "tagging" the G/L cost transactions with the responsible BU in order to be able to report on costs from G/L

What I'm trying to accomplish is that I want the asset cost and acc depr to be accounted to 20.1221.600/20.1229.600 but the depreciation cost accounted to the responsible BU, for example 2010100.7831.600. (where 2010100 is a P&L BU)

The setup I have is in short:

- AAI:s for FA, FX, FD and FC are in place (all for company 00000 with subsidiaries intervals)

- Depreciation default codings are defined for all asset BU.OBJECT.SUB cost accounts (20.1221.600 in this example). The defaults are set to acc depr 20.1229.600 and the depreciation expense to 2010100.7831.600, where the BU 2010100 is just used as a "dummy" to map against a valid account.

- Fixed Asset Constants are defined as "Default" for Cost and Acc Depr, "Responsible BU" for Depr expense and Revenue

The culprit here is the Depr expense constant which creates an error "Unable to post: Account Invalid". I've managed to dig this down to being the use of "Responsible BU" for depreciation expense in the Fixed Asset Constants. If I change it to "Default", the asset gets created without error but with a Responsible BU and Location of 20, which is logical but not what I want.

So my question is; does anyone have an idea of how I can send in a value for the "Responsible BU" and/or "Location" into the logic of R12800 that will applied by the logic? Am I missing something fundamental here or is our setup backwards?

(We have quite a big churn rate on assets and today each and everyone is manually created in the Asset Master to get an asset number, then updated and posted by single row from G/L. Feels like tha automatic functionality was intended for this use case...;-)

Best regards
/Petter

Hi all

I'm trying to find out how to get automatic creation of Asset Master records by posting batch from G/L to F/A. I've done all the setups that I can find out in the manual.

My general setup is one BU for BS, which is the same as the company number, 20.
A lot of BU for P&L accounting, +100 of them.
System is JDE E1 9.1

We use subsidiaries on asset object accounts for separating asset category (kitchen equip, windows, etc)
We have subledger type C for "tagging" the G/L cost transactions with the responsible BU in order to be able to report on costs from G/L

What I'm trying to accomplish is that I want the asset cost and acc depr to be accounted to 20.1221.600/20.1229.600 but the depreciation cost accounted to the responsible BU, for example 2010100.7831.600. (where 2010100 is a P&L BU)

The setup I have is in short:

- AAI:s for FA, FX, FD and FC are in place (all for company 00000 with subsidiaries intervals)

- Depreciation default codings are defined for all asset BU.OBJECT.SUB cost accounts (20.1221.600 in this example). The defaults are set to acc depr 20.1229.600 and the depreciation expense to 2010100.7831.600, where the BU 2010100 is just used as a "dummy" to map against a valid account.

- Fixed Asset Constants are defined as "Default" for Cost and Acc Depr, "Responsible BU" for Depr expense and Revenue

The culprit here is the Depr expense constant which creates an error "Unable to post: Account Invalid". I've managed to dig this down to being the use of "Responsible BU" for depreciation expense in the Fixed Asset Constants. If I change it to "Default", the asset gets created without error but with a Responsible BU and Location of 20, which is logical but not what I want.

So my question is; does anyone have an idea of how I can send in a value for the "Responsible BU" and/or "Location" into the logic of R12800 that will applied by the logic? Am I missing something fundamental here or is our setup backwards?

(We have quite a big churn rate on assets and today each and everyone is manually created in the Asset Master to get an asset number, then updated and posted by single row from G/L. Feels like tha automatic functionality was intended for this use case...;-)

Best regards
/Petter

Hi Petter,

If you are trying to add new FA master records (F1201) via R12800 and FA AAI I think you cannot specify 2 different MCUs in your incoming F0911 record.

In other words:
you are posting an F0911 record representing "Cost Account", thus balance sheet Business Unit. How the system can retrieve a second business unit to be used for "responsible BU" field and for Cost Account ?

I don't think R12800 and FA AAI are designed in order to accept two BU as we normaly do while entering FA items manually, but please share with the community if you manage to find a valid solution for that without customizing R12800 UBE.

Thanks, ciao.

Carlo

Back