Fix/Inspect

rwellsw

When going from one fix/inspect form to another fix/inspect form how do you get the second form to have data on the second form to load data from its business view.

I have a find and select form that calls a fix/inspect form. Where I can update some of the fields in a view. I would then like to use a menu option to take me to a second fix/inspect form and this form would read using the same key but a different business view to get data for updating.

I have it all working but when I go to the second form it appears to have a different record. I am using address number as the key.

This is one of the first projects that I have done in JDE. We ar3 using OneWorldXe.

Thanks for any help.
Roger

Roger,

If I am not wrong, this is because, on the second form, the Address Number
displayed comes from the Next Number. (I had the problem in B733...)
So you get an address number and the rest of the form is blank ?

To work around this, I use Table IO on the "Initialize" event on the form
and display the information.... and I handle the insert or change manually
in the event rules as well.

I am aware that it may not be the best soultion, but it works...

Regards

Philippe
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 1:21 PM
Subject: Fix/Inspect

> When going from one fix/inspect form to another fix/inspect form how do
you get the second form to have data on the second form to load data from
its business view.
>
> I have a find and select form that calls a fix/inspect form. Where I can
update some of the fields in a view. I would then like to use a menu option
to take me to a second fix/inspect form and this form would read using the
same key but a different business view to get data for updating.
>
> I have it all working but when I go to the second form it appears to have
a different record. I am using address number as the key.
>
> This is one of the first projects that I have done in JDE. We ar3 using
OneWorldXe.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Roger
>
>
>
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Numbe
r=5730
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************

One World B733 Oracle 8.1 RS6000

Hi Roger,

Try the following:

1.) Check that the BSVW of you Form has the primary unique index of the table.
2.) Check the form interconnect Data Structure of your 2nd revision form that it begins with the BC value(s) of the primary unique index.
3.) Check the control(s) of the field(s) of the primary unique index and disable Next Numbering on the Overrides form called from the Properties window of the control(s) (again on the 2nd revision form).
4.) Pass the required value from the 1st form to the 2nd in form interconnect Data Structure index field(s).
5.) Save & Try again.

Please, share your results with us on the Forum and/or let us know if you have further problem. Thanks.

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Thanks for the suggestions but neither has worked so I must be doing someting basicly wrong.

1. I have a find brouse form that calls a fix/inspect form which works.

2. Off of the fix/inspect form I am trying to call another fix/inspect form. I have a menu toolbar exit with a event rule that calls the same application Call(App:p5601001, Form:W5601002D) under the call I have a Form Interconnect that has the following value of BCAddressNumber -> mn_Address_Number.

3. On Form W5601002D I have the following data structure BC mn_Address_Number under structure members but nothing on the right side.

4. I have disabled the Next Numbering which now causes the form being called to not have any number in the box.

Maybe this will help as I can't find the problem. Maybe a good weekend of rest will help monday.

Roger

Hi Roger,

3.) What does it mean "but nothing on the right side"?
Don't you see "AddressNumber" and "AN8" in the columns Data Item and Alias columns beside the Structure Member column?
Is this member the only and first one in the structure?

Other questions (2nd Fix/Inspect Form):

a.) Is there the Address Number BSVW field behind your Address Number control or "only" an AN8 Data Item?
b.) What about the index in your BSVW? Is this the primary unique one for the table? Is your BSVW a single table view? Does it contain the Address Number?
c.) Have you ever changed the Data Structure manually?
d.) Have you marked the "No Fetch on form businessview" checkbox on the Option panel of Form Properties window?
e.) Have you generated the BSVW?

At last but not least, what is your system configuration, mainly your OneWorld release level?

Hope, will be closer to the resolution.

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

I may be jumping to conclusions but here are some things that may help you also. Here are some steps worth looking at.

1. Put the application in Debug and walk through the step. Check and make sure that the correct field/data is being transfered.

2. BCAddressNumber -> mn_Address_Number. If your the Address Field is placed on the Fix Inspect I would use the FC AddressNumber instead of the BCAddressNumber - This seems safer to me. FCAddressNumber -> mn_Address_Number.

3. If it is passed you may need to place a event under Post Dialog is initailized. FCAddressNumber = FI AddressNumber
(This has helped me in the past - Not usually necessary though)

4. If you have done this, You probably need to delete your Global tables and reboot. Depending on the release if this will help with the problem - (Of course JDE doesn't like you to do this, I have never found it to hurt anything - It has helped alot)

If you still have problems, e-mail me direct your eventRules for both screens and I will look into your problem more.

Thanks,
Jimmy

JDE-Wannabe

Well I got it to work with the help of several suggestions.

Then main problem is that the busines view was tied to 2 files my file and the address book as secondary. My file had no records so it did not find any records in the address book.

Second I did not have the form interconnect right.

My only salvation is that this is the first program since I came back from school.

Thanks all
Roger

Back