FINPRTPA

rekblad

Well Known Member
Using this smart field to make an Income Statement with 6 periods (current, current -1, current -2, etc) and it won't pay attention to a processing option meant to control the 'current period'. The typical use of the financial reporting period as the current period isn't acceptable as the users may want to run the report based upon August even though we are now in October. Thus the need to pass a user entered value to the data structure. Sounded easy enough... so I built the report and added a processing option to control the current period. No workie !! It always gets the financial reporting period as the current period.

1) After I attached the processing option template (I just copied T83PO and took away the second tab), we checked the event rules for "PA - Period Activity" and made sure the processing option value is being passed to the data structure. This looks correct.
2) I used the event debugger and the value from the processing option isn't showing up at all.
3) We overrode the value in the "PA - Period Activity" data structure to a literal value and it produced the correct results. We concluded the smart field itself is calculating correctly and thus the data from the processing option is being lost somewhere in the BF's that are used to manage the data going to the smart field.

That's the extent of my knowledge as I can barely spell C++ and have no clue how to determine where the value in my processing option is being lost.

I checked KG for any info about FINPRTPA and didn't find a reference to the failure of processing options.

Have any of you successfully used this smart field with a processing option to control current period? Am I missing something?

Rob

B7333
Oracle
Sun / Unix

B7332
Oracle
NT

Hi, Rob -

How are you controlling the fiscal year in your report? Are you using a literal in your PA - Period Activity parameters, or is this being controlled by the user as well?

If there is no control for fiscal year, this may be the reason your report is defaulting to the current period (and current year).

Just an idea,

Jennifer DiMartino
Applications Developer
Trendwest Resorts, Inc.

One World
Release B733.2
SP 11.3
Platform AS400

Rob,

A couple of things may be the problem. First, are you using the Financial Report 'Wizard'? If not, check the following:

1) Check the naming of the PO value (data structure item) names that you are using to pass in the desired period and fiscal year. These should be as follows: Period = "PeriodNoGeneralLedger", FiscalYear = "szFiscalYear". Note that smart fields rely on the naming of the PO data items in order to retrieve the values.

2) Check the business view you are using. The JDE help documenation states: "If the business view attached to the section is not the same as the business view required by the smart field template, then any smart field you add to the section might not function correctly."

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.
In fact I did use a different view when I built the original report using the Wizard. So I completely re-built the report with the Wizard using the JDE default view (V830001) and processing option template (T83PO) with no changes. Still no luck. Any other ideas?

B7332
Oracle
NT

The setup for the smart field allows for an offset or, by leaving it blank, the current year & period is calculated by a BF (or maybe more then 1). So the data structure is supposed to pass the processing option value (which can be controlled by the user), do a calculation to get an offset (if there is one) and then the BF should calculate the period (remembering that not everyone has their fiscal year beginning in January) and thus the data required for that field in the report.... I think this is how it should work.

For example, I want the current period to be selected by the user in the processing option - say 08 of 2001. The smart field should accept those values, go to the F0902 and find the GBFY for 2001 and the AN08 for all of the accounts and add them up... but it really doesn't know if the user has requested anything other than the current period and fiscal year.

Any other ideas?

B7332
Oracle
NT

One more thought -

I have done both column style and row style financial reports using the period offset with the default business view (V8300001) and processing options (T83PO), and the only time anything has happened to me like you de[censored]d is if I simply entered a period number, such as 2 instead of an offset, such as -2.

This may be a silly question, but could this be the problem?

Good luck,
Jennifer DiMartino
Applications Developer
Trendwest Resorts, Inc.

One World
Release B733.2
SP 11.3
Platform AS400

Back