Find String in String BSFN

GSI Inc.

GSI Inc.

Well Known Member
All,

I have been using BSFN B96701 for years from XE to 8.12 on just about every platform out there. I am at a client now where it will not work on the server side. It works fine on the fat client. I tried another one B0800750 and it returns the same thing no matter if it finds it or not. Currently I am developing on 8.11 TR 8.95.?, unix, oracle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Angelis~

Angelis,

here's what Customer Connection has to say about that BSFN:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
E1: BSFN: B96701FindStringInString Fails on Server
Details: SOLUTION ID: 200883273: E1: BSFN: B96701FindStringInString Fails on Server

ISSUE:
Client is using BSFN B96701FindStringInString in his custom object, and it works fine locally. However, when run on the Enterprise Server, they get an error message that <FindStringInString> is a Client Only Business Function and cannot run on the Server. When launched in a custom application from HTML, they get the Microsoft Internet Explorer error:
There was a problem with the server while running the business function FindStringInString.

Why are we getting these errors?

SOLUTION:
B96701 FindStringInString is specifically designed for Internal Use Only and is designed to run only on the client.

WORKAROUND:
BSFN B0500690 (Is String In String) is a client/server business function and can be used for this purpose. This function takes two input values, search term (SzStringToFind, DL01) and the string to search in (SzFromString, DESC2000) and returns 1 or 0 if the string was found or not (CWasStringFound, EV01)."

SPECIFIC TO: EnterpriseOne

KEYWORDS:
BUSINESS FUNCTIONS
B96701FindStringInString

Larry,

Thank you so much. I thought I had scoured every conceivable BSFN but obviously missed one.

Yes after digging into the one that failed I could see that it was used for internal purposes and is very bloated with useless code for what is needed.

Thanks again,

Angelis

Back