Find/Browse from --> Headerless Detail "Add/Update"

Patrickjk

Hello,

I am fairly new to JDE (May of 2016) - JDE OneWorld XE version B7333. I have a Find/Browse form calling a Headless Detail form for "Adding/Updating" records. The data is from a customized table with the Address Number as the primary key.

Issue
When I select a record from the F/B grid and call the H/D form, all records in my F/B grid display in my H/D grid, and I only want to display the selected record from the F/B form.

Resolution?
I added a hidden Business View AN8 form control to the H/D form and set the AN8 form control filter property to "equal". Since this column is AN8, I also did an override of disabling the Default Value, the Next Numbering, and the Visual Assist. the Grid Options on the H/D form has "Automatically Find On Entry" set to true. This fixed the issue, but caused a new issue. The "Add" on the H/D form no longer works. Instead of inserting the grid column/cell Address Number value in the DB table, it's inserting the BV AN8 form control value, which is blank but defaulted to a zero in the DB table.

Is there an easy fix for this, or will I have to create two identical H/D forms - one for the "Add" and the other for the "Update"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

All filters in the header will over write the BC/GC values.

The solution is in your grid events, add record to DB before / add record to DB before, make the BC AN8 field = the GC AN8 field :)

Thanks John. That resolved my issue. It's much appreciated. That's one more item I can check off my JDE Learning Curve List.

Thanks John. That resolved my issue. It's much appreciated. That's one more item I can check off my JDE Learning Curve List.

Ha ha you're welcome. I have a USB notepad full of little things like this, as you will forget.
You may may want to wrap the assignment in an If to check if the FC header values have a value, as sometimes it is useful, but I rarely do this or I just use the QBE to filter

Hi John,

I have similar problem- I am selecting a record from Find Browse/Form- which will navigate me to header less form. The header less form displays all the key fields in the form controls (filter activated). But I don't see any records in the grid.

Thanks in Advance

Enable find of entry or click Find yourself if your RI fields have values or if you are in Update Mode

Back