Financial row report goes in Error on Server

Dhaval Soni

Hi,

We have one financial row report which contains more than 200 rows. When we run this report locally in fat client it works fine and gives desired output. However when we run the report on enterprise server then it goes in Error.

JDE log file shows the following exception

*******************Start*********************
====> Exception C0000005 occurred in thread 1008
call stack dumped in file <D:\JDEdwards\E812\DDP\log\jde_4728_1361120387_1_dmp.log>:
iParam: 0000000000
*******************End*********************

We have also verified file mentioned in the above log file on Enterprise server which shows the following kernel level error messages

====> Exception C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred in thread 1008 with call stack:
_ResolveCalcs@8! jdekrnl.dll
_K2ProcessDoTabularBreak@8! jdekrnl.dll
_K2ProcessMessages@4! jdekrnl.dll
_UBEReport_StartProcessing@8! jdekrnl.dll
_UBEReport_Start@16! jdekrnl.dll
_ubeReport_EntryPoint@16! jdekrnl.dll
_WinMain@16! runbatch.exe
___tmainCRTStartup! runbatch.exe
0x75aa339a.<nosymbols>! kernel32.dll
0x773b9ef2.<nosymbols>! ntdll.dll
0x773b9ec5.<nosymbols>! ntdll.dll

=====Call stack of thread 1008=====
_LogNTCallStackDump@12! jdel.dll
?NTUnhandledExceptionHandler@NTExceptionHandler@@CGJPAU_EXCEPTION_POINTERS@@@Z! runbatch.exe
0x75ae003f.<nosymbols>! kernel32.dll
0x773f74df.<nosymbols>! ntdll.dll

=====Call stack of thread 4364=====
NtWaitForMultipleObjects! ntdll.dll
0x75aa339a.<nosymbols>! kernel32.dll
0x773b9ef2.<nosymbols>! ntdll.dll
……………………….

Thanks and any help would be highly appreciated.

JDE E1 812
Tool release “8.98.4.10”

Dhaval Soni,

Has this UBE been deployed to the enterprise server? What is in the jde.log for the attempted run on the enterprise server?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. We have already deployed the UBE on enterprise server and the error/exception message mentioned in the original post is related to jde.log (Enterprise server). Also the report is working as required when run locally.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Dhaval,

[ QUOTE ]

... the error/exception message mentioned in the original post is related to jde.log (Enterprise server).

[/ QUOTE ]

The jde.log to which I refer is in the PrintQueue directory on the enterprise server and will be named according to the format:

<ube>_<version>_<jobnumber>_PDF.jde.log

e.g. R014021_ZJDE0001_1234_PDF.jde.log

This log is quite different to the log that you have in your first post and will probably contain a reference number that can be researched, along with a short description of each error. It will also contain the user, environment, role and job number.

If there is not enough information in the jde.log, you may need to run the report with debugging on (set in the advance form exit when running the UBE) which will produce another file in the PrintQueue directory on the enterprise server and will be named according to the format:

<ube>_<version>_<jobnumber>_PDF.jdedebug.log

Please accept my apologies if you already know the log formats and location.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help in the issue. I have attached the jde.log file retrieved from the Enterprise server for your review.

Thanks

Dhaval

Attachments

• 182000-R55TEST_TST0001_1121.PDF.jde.log.zip
    612 bytes · Views: 85
Dhaval,

That sort of looks like a corruption in the specs on the server.

Can you run it with debug level 6 and see what is in the debug log. I doubt there would be any more information on this error, but you might be able to see if there is anything else unusual leading up to it, possibly other errors. You may also find out the point at which the error occurs.

Have you tried rebuilding the package and redeploying the UBE?

I remember recently (E9.1/TR9.1) having been directed to delete the runtime cache folder and files for a UBE (I actually renamed the folder, rather than deleting it). I have never used your particular E/TR combination so I'm not sure if it is the same. We use a unix enterprise server and the runtime cache folder is:

<InstallDirectory>/<Pathcode>/spec/runtimeCache/<UBE>

If this is applicable to your situation I'm guessing that the runtime cache folder may be something like:

D:\JDEdwards\E812\DV812\spec\runtimeCache\R55TEST

Hi Peter,

Thank you for providing the information. We have run the UBE with the debug level 6 and noticed that the UBE is processing only the Column inclusion event of all smart field columns and stop working after that. We have also created the new UBE to verify the spec corruption but the new UBE is also going in to the error. It happens only after the tool upgrade.

Thanks

Dhaval

Dhaval,

Mmmm .... interesting ...

Try this: Copy the UBE and then remove the smart fields. Make sure that it will run without the smart fields.

It has been some time since I worked with smart fields, but if memory serves correctly, the smart fields have separate setup - outside the UBE.

Are these standard smart fields or are they custom smart fields?

If they are standard smart fields, find a standard UBE that uses them and check to make sure it runs OK.

Hi Peter,

The smart field used by the UBE is standard smart field (FINRPTPA : Period Activity).

The existing UBE with the same Smart field working as required.

We have also verified that the UBE with same logic and smart field was working correctly before the tool upgrade. Also if we copy the existing UBE which is working and deploy to the server with the same smart field then it works, however if we modified the logic (Only display assignment changes in the Page header) then UBE goes in Error.

We have started to modify the UBE by removing the smart field and deploy on the server to verify the result. I will update you about the result once we done.

Thanks

Dhaval

Hi Peter,

We have modified the UBE by removing all smart field columns from the report template and deployed on the server, however we are getting the same error message and also it works fine locally.

Thanks

Dhaval

Hi Peter,

We have modified the UBE by removing all the smart field columns from the report and used the numeric columns to display the values. We have deployed the modified UBE on the server; also we have deployed all the standard objects used in the UBE. However jde.log and jdedebug.log are displaying the same error message.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Dhaval,

How do the debug logs compare to what was happening before?

[ QUOTE ]
We have run the UBE with the debug level 6 and noticed that the UBE is processing only the Column inclusion event of all smart field columns and stop working after that. We have also created the new UBE to verify the spec corruption but the new UBE is also going in to the error. It happens only after the tool upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. I have attached the file which is created while running the UBE on server. This file path and information is displayed in the jde.log file when we run the UBE on server. The new UBE debug log and Old UBE debug log display the same information till the column inclusion event. Also new UBE is processing all the records (till the Last row of report) in column inclusion event and after that new UBE stop the processing.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Here is the attachment.

Attachments

• 182130-jde_2736_1360248270_1_dmp.zip
    843 bytes · Views: 53
Back