Filtering multiple instances of Description(DL01) BV Column

tallam

i had a custom find/browse form which has Description(DL01) feild both on form(FC) and Grid(GC),when i try to filter the records from Grid it's working fine but when i do the same from form control it's not filtering and no records are being dispalyed.I have set filter as "=" and checked wild character for both the description controls,can u guys through me some light on this.

I also Checked P0101S & P0101SL Application which used the same functionality(It used ALPH-Alpha name and works exactly opposite as mine works)i.e it can filter from Form but not from Grid.Any Help...

Tallam

Welcome to the JDEList tallam!
1 - Take P0101S to FDA (not THE Federal Drug Agency, of course
smile.gif

2 - Double Click on your Form Control; note it is NOT a Business View colum!
3 - Right-click on your Form Control
4 - Select "Even Rules" from the popup menu
5 - Study the Business Function you just uncovered (hint: read its Notes)
The Form Control Filter is anOther animal ...
You may attach screenshots, so that we could analyze your problems in much more detail.
You are very welcome,

Hi Andrain

Thanks for your response,I have attached the screen shots and the Filtering procedure please look into it and help me to enable filtering from Form control

Tallam

Attachments

• 92056-Screen shots.doc
    88.5 KB · Views: 140
Hi Tallam,
You say the Form Control is a Data Item; for the Data_Item filter to work you need to add a Business Function.
If you do NOT want to write/use a BSFN, you have to use a BUSINESS_VIEW_FIELD, not a DATA_ITEM.
Capisci?
A_D_R_I_A_N

Hi

Both description feilds are added from the Business view that is attached to the form.So the Description feilds that appears on Form and Grid are BV Feilds

Tallam

Can you attach the Description Form Control properties screenshot? Include Filter options, too.

Hi

Thanks for your reply Here is the attachment -includes properties for description column

Tallam

Hi

sorry forgot to attach attachment..
Thanks for your reply Here is the attachment -includes properties for description column

Tallam

Attachments

• 92072-Properties Description.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 146
Hi Tallam,

As A_D_R_I_A_N wrote, you are very welcome to the JDEList.

As far as I know, filtering on wildcard and literal combination (e.g. "General*") does not work on FC Businessview filter fields, only on QBE columns.

Regards,

Zoltán

P.S.: I admire your effort. You opened a thread for your issue. 56 minutes elapsed without reply and you replied your thread:
[ QUOTE ]
Can you guys help me

[/ QUOTE ]
(by the way, what about ladies?)
65 minutes elapsed after your reply and you opened a new thread for the same issue. GREAT!
Most of us will like and appreciate it.
A_D_R_I_A_N, do you agree?

Yes Zoldy, I Agree_And_Appreciate ... I do.
Thanks for your support,
Ady

Tallam,

I replied a couple of days ago but for some reason it didn't post. I am also suprised that Zoltán hasn't given you a workaround yet.

Like Zoltán mentioned Form Control filters do not work the same as QBE filtering in that the FC filters do not work with wildcards in conjunction with partial entries. But I can suggest two possible workarounds.

1) Use a data dictionary field as a fake filter and on the Find button move the filter entry into the QBE column of the grid. You can have a bsvw field multiple times in some versions of the software, so you can hide the column that you populate the QBE field and it looks like the filtering is being taken care of up in the FC area. If you can't double populate a field then you can hide the business view field and have another column that is a data dictionary version of the column and just populate it on grid record is fetched. This will disable the QBE for this column though.

2) If it is really the DL01 that you have in your table, you might also add the alias DC to the table. DC has the unique feature within the EnterpriseOne system that when a SELECT is created, it sees the DC and uses the LIKE clause instead of an exact match. You can then use a fake FC filter, populate a hidden DC form control filter and still filter with the DL01 QBE as well.

I have had the occasion to program both of these options successfully.

Ben again,

Back