E9.2 FDA: how to populate the Record Number in GRID based on last record number

kalpanarai.m

Hi,

I have an app with (Find/browse) form , this will list the data when clicked on FIND, one of the grid columns is the Serial number(grid row/record number). Now when i click on ADD button in the FIND/BROWSE form, it will call the FIX/INSPECT form and in this new form i want my serial number to be auto populated based on the serial Number in the last grid row of previous find browse form.

I tried getting the BC value and assign it to a variable in the event "last grid row fetched" and then in the ADD button ER, i passed this variable as form interconnect to the fix/inspect form. And in fix/inspect form i used the FI value and incremented it by 1 and assigned it to the BC Value, but this did not work.

this is my first JDE application and i am new to it. Thanks for your support.

JDE 9.2, TR 9.2.1.1

Thanks

There was a typo in my previous update: it was GC not BC value

I tried getting the GC value and assign it to a variable in the event "last grid row fetched" and then in the ADD button ER, i passed this variable as form interconnect to the fix/inspect form. And in fix/inspect form i used the FI value and incremented it by 1 and assigned it to the BC Value, but this did not work.

This doesn't sound like a a very good design. What if 2 user's simultaneous click add passing the same serial #?
Look into the Next Number functionality instead.

There was a typo in my previous update: it was GC not BC value

I tried getting the GC value and assign it to a variable in the event "last grid row fetched" and then in the ADD button ER, i passed this variable as form interconnect to the fix/inspect form. And in fix/inspect form i used the FI value and incremented it by 1 and assigned it to the BC Value, but this did not work.

Well that sounds like it should work...? Did you debug it to see what the passed in FI value was?

Only thing I can think of is your serial number field is a data dictionary field with its own next number
Or...
There are more grid records for you to fetch (maybe you fetched 10 only in your grid but there are 13 on the database) so your new number should have been 14 not 11 (as you may have passed in 10)

Back