Faxing from One World

jpayne

[laugh]

Is anyone out there faxing from One World or do you use a third party tool to fax? We are looking at moving our procurement group from World to OW and they need the ability to fax. Please let me know suggestions.

Thanks,
Joanna
OW XE svc pk 20 Up 4
Co-existent
World A 7.3 Cume 12X3

Yes Optio is a good solution for faxing, emailing, printing and displaying
objects on a secured web site.

David Dresdow
Stora Enso North America
715-422-3846

We use Optio to process our PO documents. Our purchasing group has the option to print out, e-mail or fax the PO's to suppliers. Our faxing is done through Rightfax, which we had before we got Optio, but the two work together ok, once you get the setup done. By the way, Optio also has a fax product of their own.

Our PO documents as output from Optio contain form-type grids, signatures, and our company logo. You can do some pretty neat stuff with Optio, and probably can with other document management tools, too.

I reccomend CreateForm. They are currently a preferred JDE output management partner. Handles Faxing as well as ability to add graphics, logos, reformat reports. very cool. Easy to implement.

You opened up a can of worms with this question.

Best bet is to look at the major third party software that is out there and review each one. You've heard two of them: Optio and Create!form, the third one which we use with little problems is Formscape.

Good luck.

Call Quadrant software they do faxing inside JDE, for example from a sales
order. (800) 258-3399

Over the years JDE have recommended/partnered Optio, Formscape and now CreateForm. All of them Faxing.

It is a pity that JDE cannot stick to their preferred partners, they seem to change each year, for no particular reason, Optio and Formscape still both work with OneWorld, but now JDE recommend CreateForm. The Partnership scheme is supposed to give users stability and confidence, but not the way it is managed at present. (Just a small gripe). Sorry to be slightly off message.

OW733.3 Xe SP 14.2
Enterprise Server - Intel NT + Oracle 8.0.6
Client - Citrix TSE + 4 NT PC's for development

Re: Faxing from One World *DELETED*

Post deleted by Carl_Fisher

All the output managment products can do faxing. If you don't need all the output management capabilities you can also do faxing with a little JDE development and your favourite fax package -- WinFax, RightFax, ZetaFax. Usually you will create a text file that is formatted for your faxing program. You then drop that file into a monitored directory for processing. Even with the development effort I think this is probably cheaper then the output management products if you just need simple faxing.

<off topic>
Off the message as well, I second your gripe.

It is clear that the partnership equation is really a combination of value add to customers and JDE politics. I would say that all large software vendor partner programs work this way. Partners must have a fairly competent product, keep their product fairly compentent and at the same time please JDE.

From a customer perspective it is clear that you must always do the research yourself and double/triple check whatever JDE, JDE partner, external Consultancy or Consultant tells you.
</off topic>

Thanks for all your replies. We already use Forms cape so I will look
into that avenue.

Joanna

OW XE svc pk 20 Up 4
Co-existent
World A 7.3 Cume 12X3

Re: RE: Faxing from One World

FYI. I just read the following article in today's Midrange Server:

J.D. Edwards has no immediate plans to form additional exclusive product partnerships like it has with Create!form International for forms software, sources at the ERP company said recently. Late last year, the Denver company announced that Create!form's software would be the only document output management product to be certified for compatibility with future releases of the ERP software. "Customers would come to us and ask, 'Who do you recommend for document output'? And we would say, 'Well, these four are certified to work with us,' " a source at the company said. "It doesn't make sense to have multiple partnerships in a space. It doesn't bring value to customers." While the ERP giant has no plans to form more exclusive partnerships, it hasn't ruled it out for the future. J.D. Edwards, the biggest OS/400 software company outside of IBM, streamlined its partner program last year into three tiers: OEM relationships, development partnerships, and interface partnerships. The source said that software companies that want access to J.D. Edwards APIs, to integrate their products with J.D. Edwards, but don't necessarily need the full scope of sales and marketing support that comes with a full-blown partnership, can opt for the interface partnership, or "partner lite," as the source called it.

Hello,
We are also using the Faxing of some pdfs from JDE but have opted not to go for any external products and must have saved a good amount for the company.Our solution has been very very simple, first we tried using the JDE BSFN but for some unknown reason it errors on carrying attachments. Therefore what we did was to write a small script and call it as an external programme from the Applications we want. This script interact with the SMTP server and sends the faxes as we wanted. Our latest effort is to send the BACS statements automatically from the BACS application.

Back