Fate of "OneWorld Menu" & "End User" Tasks at upgrade from ERP8 to EO8.9?

Krofire.com

Krofire.com

Reputable Poster
Fate of \"OneWorld Menu\" & \"End User\" Tasks at upgrade from ERP8 to EO8.9?

I have a situation where ERP8 has been implemented but the Implementation Team don't ever appear to have created an entirely new 'Task View'. They used the demo "OneWorld Menus" & "End User Tasks" and just attached their Versions to standard Tasks, ie, '2/G03B11' and "BPM944077052181". From there they did a 'Fine Cut' to create all the Role based views in 'End User Tasks'....

Now the Client wishes to upgrade from ERP8 to EO8.9 or 8.10. What will happen to the 'User Tasks'/'OneWorld Menu' Task View? Will it be refreshed? Can the Client prevent this? I have a white paper from the KG/CustomerConnect but it is a little confusing! I shall attach it to this post.

I will probably be recommending a move over to a Client-specific custom Role-based Task View going forward. We shall somehow have to copy over everything they have done to entirely new Tasks. Is there an easy way of doing this? Will it blow away all the Tasks for the Roles they setup through Fine Cut?

I always took it for granted that every implementation should have an original Task View. I thought this was the way it is meant to be. Does everyone on the 'List agree or doesn't it matter? Should the client have used the Demo setup at all for its Production system?

Attachments

• 79184-Frequently Asked Questions on Solution Explorer.pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,267
Re: Fate of \"OneWorld Menu\" & \"End User\" Tasks at upgrade from ERP8 to EO8.9?

Have them create new custom roles and attach the tasks they created to those. That is the best way.

More than likely, the custom tasks that they created will be brought over, however the relationships with the standard tasks will most likely be gone.

Re: Fate of \"OneWorld Menu\" & \"End User\" Tasks at upgrade from ERP8 to EO8.9?

There are NO Custom Tasks. The Implementation Team created new Versions of Programs and then just changed the Version in the existing 'Program' Task!

Will the 'demo' (Program) Task lose it link to the new Program Version?

Yes.

Back