F43121 and Amount Paid to Date (PRAPTD)

ssolberg

VIP Member
A user is trying to sort on some reporting over this file the question has come up "how is this field populated". I know enough about the file to know that Match Type 1 records are the receipt of a PO and it has not yet been vouchered. Match Type 2 records are created when the Voucher exists.

So why do I see amounts in this field on Match Type 2 records when all it should be is the receipt? I haven't "paid" for anything at all yet?

Am I making any sense? Does anyone know more about these contents of the records along these lines? I find nothing on Oracle Knowledge area about it.

Sannan,
As far as JD Edwards World is concerned in Purchasing (which is where the F43121 file falls), the receipt is "paid" when the voucher is create d.
I know, as far as accounts payable is concerned, creating the voucher does not mean the voucher/invoice has been paid yet. So this is confusi ng terminology, I will agree.
Tell the user that for the match type 2 record, Amount Paid to Date re ally means Amount Vouchered to Date.
Hope this helps.

John Dickey
McCarthy Building Companies
St. Louis, MO 63124
314-919-2264
[email protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of ssolberg
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 3:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: F43121 and Amount Paid to Date (PRAPTD)

A user is trying to sort on some reporting over this file the question ha s come up "how is this field populated". I know enough about the file to know that Match Type 1 records are the receipt of a PO and it has not yet been vouchered. Match Type 2 records are created when the Voucher exists =2E

So why do I see amounts in this field on Match Type 2 records when all it should be is the receipt? I haven't "paid" for anything at all yet?

Am I making any sense? Does anyone know more about these contents of the records along these lines? I find nothing on Oracle Knowledge area about it.

Sannan Solberg Programmer/Developer/Anything-They-Give-Me World A7.3 c11 Also EnterpriseOne 8.12/Tools 8.98

Sannan,

You need to read the data of APTD and UPTD along with PST (Pay Status) If it is 'P' the voucher is paid when Mtach type is '2'. If it is 'A' it is vouchered and 'Approved for payment.

If Match type is '1'
AOPN must be equal to AREC - APTD. This would be recieved not vouchered amount.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bala

You may try to explain to your user that payment made in Account Payable (AP) will not be reflected in file F43121 (Purchases receipt file) as there is no posting from AP to F43121.

Thanks everyone for your responses, that clears a few things up for me as well. I knew the user was "misled" about the F43121 file and it's purpose, especially with that field. I think we have found a better way to approach what he is looking to report on. As usual, the list users here hand out invaluable information!

Back