E9.1 F4211 Status roll back?

MacaqueJDE

Hey all!

This week, twice, we got a really weird issue :

75% of our order from F4211 would roll back to the previous status, between 3PM and 4PM.

Only the status change, and they all go back to the previous status. The history table (F42199) doesn't show anything. Also it's can be a different status rolling back.

We know the orders were in a different status because we have inventory change, production change ect..

But it's like it never happened.

Is there any report / function that can do this?

Thank you!

Hey all!

This week, twice, we got a really weird issue :

75% of our order from F4211 would roll back to the previous status, between 3PM and 4PM.

Only the status change, and they all go back to the previous status. The history table (F42199) doesn't show anything. Also it's can be a different status rolling back.

We know the orders were in a different status because we have inventory change, production change ect..

But it's like it never happened.

Is there any report / function that can do this?

Thank you!
Well. That’s a mystery.
If it happens again I’d put a table trigger on f4211 to log an adds, updates, deletes to a separate log table. Make sure you add a time stamp and whatever database system fields are available to help identify the source of the transactions

Wow ... I guess everyone likes mysteries, right? :)
Have you verified if all the status in the activity rules are setup with a Y in the Ledger Y/N? If so, and even w/ Y, I would recommend to look for customs/mods done w/ the usage of the Status update, I've seen mistakes already in those programs where they update the NXTR w/o a concern to the setup or even does not care about saving the Sales Ledger F42199.
Best luck!

Well. That’s a mystery.
If it happens again I’d put a table trigger on f4211 to log an adds, updates, deletes to a separate log table. Make sure you add a time stamp and whatever database system fields are available to help identify the source of the transactions

I thought it was an awesome idea.

We tried it this afternoon.

Sadly it didn't turn good. My trigger seems to cause a deadlock on the table from time to time.

Code:
    SELECT
        @sDernierStatut_AV = SDLTTR,
    FROM       
        DELETED

SELECT
        @sTypeCommande = SDDCTO
    FROM   
        INSERTED

INSERT INTO
        [dbo].[sql_F4211_audit]
        *field*)
    VALUES
        (*field*)

I have a similar trigger that doesn't cause any issue, so I'm not sure how a deadlock could happens. Do you guys see anything strange? I removed the field for clarity (... and *field*)

Do you have is_read_committed_snapshot_on (RCSI) turned on in your database?
This really is a strong suggested setting for JDE on SQL Server.

To see what the setting in your databases and to turn on:

USE MASTER
GO
SELECT [name], is_read_committed_snapshot_on
FROM sys.databases
--WHERE [name] = 'JDE_DEVELOPMENT'
GO

ALTER DATABASE JDE_DEVELOPMENT SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
GO

As suggested above already , try looking at OAR and make sure for every line type order type and status other than 999 you have ledger turned on Y .If some vanilla is doing it , it should register however I am not sure if anything like that does it . usually the next becomes last and then you get a new next status from OAR , is that happening or both last and next status are changing . There could be something custom and not using right functions to write to ledger and so then this becomes a little tricky to find .

Back