F4211 Begin/Edit/End and Transportation

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
I'm using the F4211 bsfns to change dates (drqj, ppdj, pddj, rsdj) on the SO Dtl.
This update is working.

What's NOT working is that F4215/F4941 aren't being updated.

Before I dive into P4210, and all its merriment, I asking HERE
whether someone has done this or will share a time saving answer.

AS ALWAYS, sloth is one of my stronger traits....

TIA

Gene

Initial digging shows an "Address Number to Use for Transport" being passed from FC to bsfn.
Stay tuned!

Gene,

I think the problem is in the fact you attempt to modify them using the SO BSFN (system 42). The dates are normaly created in the shipments file at order creation but they are modified from the shipment side back to the sales order detail. Have a look at P4915 which would update the sales order detail line when the shipment side is updated. This is all done using BSFN from system 49 if I am right.

Christian Audet

I'm in one of the situations where someone says "well, it works when it changed HERE (P4210)"....
Thus, I start at F4211

What I DO know:
The "Address Number For Transtportation" in F4211 FS Begin Document ISN'T an address number (mnAN8).
It's a CHARACTER.
I'm guessing that this is a "transportation ON (0/1)" parm.

The updates that I want are occurring in F4211 FS End Document (which I'd expect).
Something triggers the "Process SOE Internal" bsfn (B49xxxx).
I'm guessing this is the "SOEBFInternalFLags" parm to End Doc (parm 33).
I cannot "C" to know for sure.

More info, if/when I get it.....

Hi! I'd like to contribute with some functional input..

When you revise an existing order in P4210 and change somne of the key dates (Requested date, promised date etc.) the transportation shipment is not updated with these dates. In stead, the shipment is cancelled and a new shipment is created in F4215/F49xxx (A new shipment number is created)

I would be very careful using custom logic to update the shipment dates etc. from P4210 as the routing steps of the shipment could be invalid after the changes (depends on the routing and rating setup / effective dates)

When changing the dates after order entrt, it is advisable to do so from the shipment side of things (P4915) rather than the SO side (P4210)

/Aarto

Back