E8.12 F0911 Account Ledger : Entry date/ Transaction date/ Posted date

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
The table F0911 - Account Ledger have only data items for UPMJ ( Date - Updated) and UPMT ( Time - Last Updated). While posting, these records are updated. So I'm very curios to know how can I catch the entry date and time (or transaction date and time) ?

Hi,

Not sure if this could help you , One is Batch Date (DICJ) and ICU Sys Date(DSYJ , This is the date the batch was entered in the system) along with Batch time(TICU).

Thank you very much.

I have tested a sample in DV.
The issue is that the user can override the date. So the date is the overridden date and the time is the current time.

Rauf, you could create a "tag" table that contains the primary key columns (GLKCO, GLDCT, GLDOC, GLDGJ, GLJELN, and GLEXTL) plus the 5 audit columns (GLUPMJ, GLUPMT, GLUSER, GLJOBN, and GLPID). Add a table trigger to the F0911, probably using the "After Record is Inserted" event, and insert these 11 columns into your tag table.

Hi Kim,

Great idea :)
For the history records, I guess no way to get it :cry:
I was thinking in an odd way. F0911 is a very important table and it should have it, by default.

The easy way, without customization, is to turn on the interoperability processing. This will write changes in the F0911 records to the F0911Z4 as they happen, so you can capture the F0911 data (including user ID) during entry, posting, etc. However, then you wind up with an extremely large table, so you need to go into it with a plan to purge / maintain that table once you no longer need it.

Yes. The size of the table have to be considered as the interop table duplicates most of the information written to F0911.
But still I'm thinking :unsure::unsure: :unsure:, why did JDE miss-out this very basic but very critical field in one of the core tables.

Actually, many of the tables in the Homebuilder module (system 44H) do have two sets of the audit fields. One set audits when the record is created and the other set keeps track of the latest revision - quite useful!. Using a tag table like I described earlier would give the same effect.

If these are linked to manufacturing/warehousing, won't they be in the cardex? F4111

Back