F03B11 vs F0911 - Stupid Pet Tricks?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Howdy all,

I can't see to teach this old-dog a new trick, help?

I'm trying to confirm the relationship between the F03B11 and the F0911 - and I'm more curious than I know what to bark at.

The assumption would be that F03B11 matches against the F0911 via matching DOC / DCT / KCO / SFX in both tables. However, It's been shared that the SFX is irrelevant in the F0911.

So - If I want to match F03B11(s) against the F0911(s), what the formal process?

Dog - Stop Barking!

(db)

db

The F03B11 can be joined to the F0911 by DOC/DCT/KCO. Since there can be a one to many relationship the SFX is not relevant. You will most likely find for each F03B11 record there can be multiple F0911 records. Also if you want to find the offset entry that is a DCT = AE.

I hope this helps

Mike Everingham
Sensient Technologies, Inc
JDE E1 9.0

Hi All, Dawg here....

Word on the street is that SFX should not be used as a key for linking F03B11 and F0911 'and' that F03B11.RPAG should be the 'total' amount in the F03B11 to balance against all F0911 records.

Thanks, M, for the assist.

(db)

Hi

I Always match only by ICU and DOC, because If you only use KCO, DCT and DOC, you miss the Taxes and customer entries and only get the incomes

But surely that depends on what information do you want to get from this relationship

The relationship CAN be many to many. F03B11 holds the AR pay items (think invoices). Sometimes there is only one pay item, however there can be many. Each pay item represents a potential breakdown of the invoice. Some of the breakdowns could be for <ul type="square"> [*]Sales or VAT taxes [*]Due dates for installment payments [*]Lines from a Sales Order (PO on Sales Update) [/list] The keys are Doc Type, Doc Number, Doc Company, Pay Item (I think that is what has been refered to as suffix)

F0911 holds the revenue distributions and the entry to AR Trade (AE Doc Type). The keys are Doc Type, Doc Number, Doc Company, JE Line Number.

There is no correspondance between Pay Items and JE Line Numbers. Pay Item is stored alpha, JE Line Number is stored numeric. In theory you should be able to sum the pay items and have them equal the sum of the JE Lines excluding the AEs. Sometimes taxes can mess up that calculation.

You can join the tables together in RDA by using a subsection join. Mark the first three fields in the parent section for level break and select the option to join on level breaks as defined in the parent section. If there are taxes in the pay items, more work is required.

Back