E9.2 Export / import Active-x Disable

levs2

The days are numbered before internet explorer end of support. Our Cie need to deal with French accent and Euro Symbole (éàÊÉ € ). Export to excel is giving an error because xlsx is not support and import is from excel didn't exist. By Using csv, we need to choose encoding charset windows-1252 to export and we need to convert back to utf8 to reimport. The User experience will be degraded compare with Active-X enabled. IE11 Compatibily mode with Edge is not a workaround that we wish and we also want to use the new functionality to manage attachments that mean to disable active-x. What do you suggest us? Oracle didn't seem to be preoccupied by French issue.

Thanks

Serge L.

here is my document to explain the issue.

Attachments

• Select_row_to_Export.pdf
    277.2 KB · Views: 26
You could have the user just select the range of cells in the grid and use Ctrl-C, and then paste it into Excel.
Or, you could use the Export capability, but select Clipboard instead, and you can export the whole grid, selected rows, or a range of cells.
I tried both options and they worked for me.

Your are right Don! It Works with clipboard. We will see if it viable in our process and with many rows to import/export either. The Big challenge is to change habit of users.
In wait of right solution from Oracle, it seems to be a good workaround.
Thanks

Back