E9.1 Expiration Date Recalculated for Transfer Orders

richchipper

Well Known Member
I have a situation where an item is built in one market and sent via a transfer order to another. The expiration date is calculated in manufacturing and printed on the product. However, when the item is received, the expiration date is being recalculated based on the receipt date. For instance, an item has a 365 day shelf life. It is manufactured on January 1st, making the expiration date 12/31/20. The item is shipped two weeks later and takes six weeks to arrive - on March 1st. After the item is received, the EXP is now 2/28/21. So, it has to be fixed manually. Is there a setting we have incorrect that is causing this?

I am thinking how this can happen if we have 2 B/Ps (Mfg BP and DC BP). The EXP date is assigned by lot number and the shipment should not change the lot number, and how the receipt of this same lot number will recalculate the EXP date?
John

I am thinking how this can happen if we have 2 B/Ps (Mfg BP and DC BP). The EXP date is assigned by lot number and the shipment should not change the lot number, and how the receipt of this same lot number will recalculate the EXP date?
John
That's my point, I guess. I'm not sure why the EXP is being recalculated.

Back