Existing Fixed Asset Balance Loads

pfaloney

Well Known Member
I have a feeling I know the answer to this from previous implementations of Fixed Assets (8.10 and 8.12) but I just want to make sure nothing has changed in the past 8 or 9 years.

We have a site that has been keeping their Fixed Assets on a spreadsheet but now want to load them into JDE 9.0 or 9.2 (depending on when it is done). I will be confirming later today that all of the Fixed Asset transactions are entered manually from this site

I know from the past that when you add the Beginning Balances Using the P12130, it puts the amounts into the Beg Balances/PYE Forward fields.

If done mid year, this, depending on the Depreciation setup will cause a "Catch-Up" Depreciation. We do not want this to happen since the AD Balance are as of a Certain Month.

Since we are in December, I want to suggest we enter the Costs and Accumulated Depreciation as of the Depreciation in December as the beginning balances either as:

1: 2016 and do a rollover (R12825)
2: 2017 and go forward.

I would prefer #2. I know there may be a little difference in the first month's depreciation. However, in my opinion, it will be the least painful.

Am I correct or am I out in left field on this?

Back