• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Existing Fixed Asset Balance Loads

pfaloney

Well Known Member
I have a feeling I know the answer to this from previous implementations of Fixed Assets (8.10 and 8.12) but I just want to make sure nothing has changed in the past 8 or 9 years.

We have a site that has been keeping their Fixed Assets on a spreadsheet but now want to load them into JDE 9.0 or 9.2 (depending on when it is done). I will be confirming later today that all of the Fixed Asset transactions are entered manually from this site

I know from the past that when you add the Beginning Balances Using the P12130, it puts the amounts into the Beg Balances/PYE Forward fields.

If done mid year, this, depending on the Depreciation setup will cause a "Catch-Up" Depreciation. We do not want this to happen since the AD Balance are as of a Certain Month.

Since we are in December, I want to suggest we enter the Costs and Accumulated Depreciation as of the Depreciation in December as the beginning balances either as:

1: 2016 and do a rollover (R12825)
2: 2017 and go forward.

I would prefer #2. I know there may be a little difference in the first month's depreciation. However, in my opinion, it will be the least painful.

Am I correct or am I out in left field on this?