Exe Files not working

nailesh

Dear All,

I have performed JDE FAT Client installations quite a few times now … & last week, I performed JDE Client installation on 2 PCs. One of them works just fine … but the other does not work. Our Developer has none of his (JDE) “exe” files working. I have checked the entire Bin32 folder earlier itself & all the Applications (EXE) files were already existing & are exactly as the other FAT Client PCs.

e.g. – When we use the fast Path & type ‘UTB’ – nothing happens. I then went to Menu – GH902 & clicked on “Universal Table Browser” & below – in the Taskbar – I found a message that appears – ‘The Requested Application: utb.exe cound (I think it means could) not be found in your current path”.

The problem here is – when I open 'Menu' Application & then, search for 'GH902' & choose, UTB – under Define & then, Choose Browse (From the FORM Exit Bar) … these files appear to point to the D:\B7\DV7333\Res\Icons for this problem FAT Client (letz call it ‘X’). When I checked the same for another FAT client (Letz call it ‘Y’) – the path displayed is the same – but yet somehow, on the ‘Y’ FAT Client, when I click on the Application, ‘UTB’ – UTB does manage open up. Now on the ‘X’ FAT Client, if the Path is manually defined to ‘D:\B7\system\Bin32’ for the UTB application … then, it starts working automatically for the ‘X’ FAT Client. It does not make sense to manually link up all exe files back to JDE.

Could you pls. advice as I followed the same installation pattern for both of them. I checked the ‘jdeinst.htm’ file on the FAT Client. It says Installation successful.

The earlier installation was for the DV Environment. Yesterday, I installed the PD environment on the same 'X' PC & all exe files started to work fine.

Could anyone pls. advice on how this link up of exe files & JDE failed the first time around?

Rgds
Nailesh Mascarenhas
CNC / System Administrator
OW XE SP17 / Update3,
ES – Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2
MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition
DS – Windows 2000 Server SP2
Citrix MetaFrame XPe
FAT Client - Windows 2000 Professional SP3.

Back