Exchange Rate in Sales Order

Starforce2011

Starforce2011

Dear colleagues;

I need your recommendations. We use World version of JDE in AS/400 platform. We use the USD/TRYexchange rates in the sales orders. The invoices are calculated according to this exchange rate and printed in TRY (Turkish Lire).

You know the exchange rate is coming by default from the "Daily Exchange Rates" folio maintained everyday from the Central Bank bulletins. Our problem is : The exchange rate is coming by default and becomes frozen after the entry in the sales order header. We'd like it to be open for changes. For example we'd like to apply different exchange rates to some customers. As this field is frozen we cannot do it.

How can we let it open to changes?

From the processing options of the which program ?

Please help me on this.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Ozgur.

Ozgur,

You can setup “default” exchange rates by customer (contract) that will default in and stay frozen. This is often used when there is a contract with the customer in which there is a preset exchange rate.
Or
You can select ”allow spot rate” in the exchange rate table. This allows manual entry of
the exchange rate. If using this option be sure to put a value in the “Tolerance limit” processing option of the Sales Order program.
Or
You can combine the above two options.

Dear Alex,

Your recommendations are so valuable and helpful.

Many thanks for your help.
Kind Regards,
Ozgur

Hi Alex,

The contractual fx rate did not work at all although the sales order picked up the revised rate for the test sales order. The system calculated again according to the intial rate (USD/TRY) entered in the contractual currency folio.

Alternatively, I am just thinking to try the 2nd way that you'd advised to me. My question is : how I'm gonna select ”allow spot rate” in the exchange rate table? What is the menu short cut to modify this?

Many thanks..
Regards,
Ozgur

Back