European Compliiance (Reach Rohs ELV WEEE)

AD1

Guys,
Anyone out there implimented anything around EEC directives for waste electronic equipment management, hazardous materials or similar. Key acronyms are REACH (Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals, ROHS(Restriction of hazardous substances),ELV (End Life Vehicle) and WEEE (Waste electrical and electronic equipment).
My brief is to investigate how these directives can best be managed within JDE 8.11. The customer requires some way of tagging raw materials and finished product with additional attributes to signify compliance with a specific regulation and / or recording restrictions on who can buy or transact these items. Finally, some method to enforce these rules (e.g. prevent manufacture of an item that contains raw ingredients that are not compliant, prevent sales to specific customer groups etc).
I know the requirements are a bit hazy, but I'm actively working on them, and would really appreciate some input.
Regards .... Al

Hello all,
Further to my original post, I now understand these requirements can possibly be handled by an LCM (life Cycle management) application. I'm also aware that Oracle now own AGILE, (a market leading LCM?)and have a JDE to Agile integration package available. Some questions: anybody used it? Would it work with base 8.11? Or is this a textbook example of a sledgehammer and nut approach?
regards .... Alastair

Back