ESU Loading Issue

jde_x_pert

Well Known Member
I am loading and ESU (it has been a while) and can not get it to show up in the ESU screen in JDE while signed into the Planner environment.

Here are the steps that I have followed.
1. Downloaded ESU and ran executable.
2. Validated that a directory was created to the deployment server under \E900\Planner\Package
3. Ensure the ESU database is copied to \E900\Planner\Data\
4. Ensured that a registry entry was created successfully.
5. Signed into the JDEPLAN environment using JDE userid and go into electronic Software update (P96470).

It does not pull up the new ESU that I have loaded. I have attached the logs (cut down version) as I am getting errors on the insert of a record in the planner environment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 174347-1099ESUIssue.txt
    53.8 KB · Views: 501
You can load an ESU pretty easy with Change Assistant, w/o bothering thru steps 1-5.

Unfortunetly, I have loaded Change Assistant and it blows up as well. See attached document at the status it blows up on.

Attachments

• 174355-1099ESU error.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 74
I have been able to find the root cause of the issue. We changed the JDE password which ERP 9.0 doesn't seem to like. There is a document explaining the 2 options they recommend.

E1: ESU: ESUs Do Not Appear In The Grid After Installed [ID 1377673.1]

Thanks,

So what is this telling us? Our current Deployment Servers have Security Server turned off (SecurityServer=[blank])

If we change the Enterprise Password for the JDE or PSFT user, we are not suppossed to touch the Deployment Servers?

Did you actually login to the Planner on the DS and change the password there that caused the issue?

Back