ESU Completes successfully when deployed - but not really!

Starrjos

Starrjos

Has anyone run into an issue where you deploy an ESU (whether from Change Assistant or manually running) where the ESU completes successfully but when you go into the P96470 software updates for type 01 the application fails to display the ESU? Worse yet, the P96470 begins to suck up CPU but does nothing?

If you have any idea what would cause this please pass on your intel! I applied about 170+ ESUs for our upgrade (last being July 20). Then this past Friday I was no longer able to apply any ESU. I ran into some issues with a MS update that modified the manifest level of my VS2005 so I am wondering if some other update has affected my ability to deploy an ESU.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Joe
E810/E9
Windows 2003/2008x64
SQL SVR 2005/2008x64

Hi Starrjos,

I know this is usually the typical response from support, but are you using RDP or any other remote software? We have done testing this year and have found definitive issues with applying ESU's with RDP. We had to be on the deployment server console directly before ESU's would apply 100% correctly (i.e. create backups, etc).

Just a thought for something to possbily try.

-Dean

Solved: ESU Completes successfully when deployed - but not really!

Well this one turned out to be an issue with the registry. One of the previous ESU's has a bad registry entry. I am not sure which one yet but what we did was export the OneWorld Windows Explorer Registry. Then we re-deployed the ESU that was failing and it deployed without any problems. So the issue is this registry which currently has about 180 entries so I will go through this registry in segments and by process of elimination I will figure out which one is causing the problem. Once I find the corrupted entry I will remove it and then re-extract it so the registry is re-written correctly.

Had a great tech from Oracle who solved this problem withing 15 minutes of our web session!

Joe
E810/e900
Windows SVR 2003/2008x64
SQLSVR 2005/2008x64

[ QUOTE ]
...are you using RDP or any other remote software? We have done testing this year and have found definitive issues with applying ESU's with RDP....

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean - what version of Oneworld or E1 have you tested with this ? This used to have an issue, but not anymore.

I had a similar issue that was really painful with E1 9.0. The new XML specs are loaded via JVM and the JVM will die without ample warning.

If the registry hack does not fix it, verify that you have the following in your jde.ini:

[JDE JVM]
# InProcessJVMHome=<JVM Location>
DefaultOptions=-Xmx256m

Back