Errors with ER Compare on Tools 8.97

bps

We are having an issue with ER compare (VSMerge.exe) as part of an upgrade from Xe, I think this issue is specific to tools 8.97. The issue is when copying over custom variables and/or modified ER code from one object to another it doesn't work as it should - or indeed as it did in tools 8.96.

In short I am wondering if anyone has the same issue, or if anyone is using tr8.97 and does not have this issue.

In long - below is how to test this.

Cheers
Barry

Steps to replicate:
1. Create a new UBE - R55TST1 with a single group section
2. Create in this UBE string variables: RV one and VA rpt_two
3. In the Do Section event set VA rpt_two = "HELLO"
4. Copy R55TST1 to R55TST2, now go in to design of R55TST2
5. Create in R55TST2 string variables: RV three and VA rpt_four
6. In the Do Section event set VA rpt_four = "WORLD"
7. Also in Do event set RV one = VA rpt_two and RV three = VA rpt_four
8. Save R55TST2 and check in both objects (then check them out again)
9. Start ER Compare from R55TST1 and compare it back to R55TST2
10. In Variables section copy VA rpt_four from UBE 2 to 1
11. Save and Exit. (You can check VA rpt_four exists in RDA, it should)
12. Back in to ER Compare as before
13. In the variables section you should see it show VA rpt_four as a difference (this is wrong, and different to tr8.96)
14. Now try to pull over the ER line VA rpt_four = "WORLD" and Save and Exit.
15. You should have got an error on exit, in RDA you will see the ER line did not copy (again this copy should work)

Config: We are using E8.12/tr8.97 on Vista machines, however we see the same issue on E8.12/tr8.97 standalone on XP.

Did you get the ER issue resolved?

Note - what I always do, and it appears you are doing it; too.
1 - always copy/save the Variables to the destination first
2 - After saving the variables, then copy the event rules, save and validate.
3 - some dd items change between versions, make sure that the definition of the dd isn't different between versions.
4 - sometimes, code won't pass (even pre tools 8.9x). I use the ERC to copy template specs, then go back in and re-create them manually

(db)

Nope, no response on this yet from Oracle, they have replicated it and have passed it to devs for a fix.
I see you are on 8.11, have you tried this with tools 8.97? Be interested to see how many people can replicate the issue.

Back