Error Using Visual ER Compare

Michelle D.

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone has an answer for me or some clever ideas ... I need to copy an NER (yes, I know you can't actually copy them). But I thought I could kind of cheat and use Visual ER Compare to move all the ER over from the JDE NER to my new NER. (For those of you on earlier releases, 8.10 now supports ER compare between objects with different names!!)

I created the new object and added all the variables. When I run the ER Compare, it is saying that everything, including the variables, are different. And when I try to move a line of code to the right, I get the following error message:

"Illegal operation. Control does not exist in one of the specifications."

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Michelle Dulay
EnterpriseOne 8.10, Tools 8.93R1
Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000
Websphere Advanced Server 4.0.5

Hi Michelle,

Though I never tried this trick to copy NER BSFN via VERC, I have some uggestion for you.

1.) Do not create the variables in the new NER (delete them), but move them from the original BSFN via VERC.

2.) If #1 does not work, then delete the NEW BSFN object, re-create it and #1 again.

3.) If NER editor does not allow to save an empty BSFN, then include a single dummy comment lne.

Let us know your results. Thanks.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

The first time I tried using VERC, I had not added the variables and was getting that error message. So then I thought that the variables needed to be there and added them. Tried it again and same error message. And you are correct re: 3.) ... that's exactly what I did.

Thanks for the ideas!
Michelle

Re: RE: Error Using Visual ER Compare

Hi sumsoftware,

I am afraid, that you missunderstood Michelle's issue.

Michelle wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
(For those of you on earlier releases, 8.10 now supports ER compare between objects with different names!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Further under the post:
[ QUOTE ]
EnterpriseOne 8.10, Tools 8.93R1

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are right.
Visual ER Bridge (published by Chris Bruce) is a great tool for developers, who works on XE.

Regards,

Zoltán

I'm not sure if you are aware: we have a software tool to copy NER's (as well as Sections between UBE's and Versions with ER Overrides into new UBE's).

If interested, please, contact me via e-mail directly.

Hi Michelle,

Does the error log reference any ER line?
If yes, what kind of ER instruction is it?

Does your UBE use the same DSTR or a copied one?
If you had copy the DSTR, then have you modified it before ER copy?

Regards,

Zoltán

FYI - I opened a call with JDE and they duplicated my issue and have created SAR 7831085. It's coded as a Priority Correction. Unfortunately the tools release that we're on (8.93R1) has already expired. They said the fix would be provided for 8.94 or 8.95 and we'd have to upgrade to one of those!

Also, the problem seems to be with comparing NER's of different names in general. I reentered all the code in my custom NER and ran VERC. It came back saying that everything was a difference. So not only do I get an error when trying to copy right, but it's not even able to match any of the ER.

Michelle

Back