Error locating pdf viewer

m_powell

Hi

I have an issue with PDF viewer after deploying full packages to a Windows XP machine.

What happens is that when a UBE is run locally, I am getting an error that states that "Unable to locate a viewer for the file C:\b7\Printqueue" and what-ever the file is. Underneath this is "Would you like to locate a viewer yourself?". If I choose yes, I am then prompted to search for an .EXE type file. If I press no, the UBE will complete and the PDF can be found in the Printqueue directory.

If I log an as a local admin, this works fine and the PDF appears on the screen.

After installing and prior to running EnterpriseOne, I made changes to the registry and files as suggested from Oracle (solution id 200820589).

If anyone can has any solution to this, I would appreciate it.

Regards

Malcolm
E1 SP22.

Malcolm,

This problem (perhaps) has to do with the Windows XP File View setup.

Open 'My Computer' of the local machine. Select 'Tools' from the top menu. Select 'Folder Options' and then select the tab 'File Types'.

Search for extension 'PDF'. If you find it, select 'Change'/'Opens With' And select Adobe Acrobat for the list of programs.

If PDF extension does not exist, Add it and select Adobe Acrobat EXE (It should be in your 'C:/Program Files/Adobe' folder.

If Adobe does not exist, download and install it. Or maybe the solution is not as simple
frown.gif

Shailesh

Th fact that you can run ok as local admin, but not as yourself (user), points to a permissions issue.

Looks like Acrobat viewer was installed with a user logged in (to Windows) as, or with evivalent, permissions as Adminsitrator.

You coudl either up your (user) permissions and put yourself into the Local Adminsitrators groups, or reinstall Acrobat Viewer as yourself and that should fix it.

Your Windows admin folks should be able to find the right compromise for your installation.

Hope this helped,
Karim

Hi Shailesh

Thanks for that.

I checked for the pdf extension type as you suggested but unfortunately this hasn't fixed the issue.

It appears that the issue is to do with rights around the executable that gets the pdf to appear after the UBE has finished. I'm convinced that it's not the Acrobat EXE as the user can open other files of this type without issue.

I suppose the question for me now is: what exe file does this process use.

Thanks and regards

Malcolm

Hi Shailesh

Thanks for that.

I checked for the pdf extension type as you suggested but unfortunately this hasn't fixed the issue.

It appears that the issue is to do with rights around the executable that gets the pdf to appear after the UBE has finished. I'm convinced that it's not the Acrobat EXE as the user can open other files of this type without issue.

I suppose the question for me now is: what exe file does this process use.

Thanks and regards

Malcolm

Hi,

I believe I know the solution to this problem.
We recently installed Adobe Reader DC on our servers and some parts of JDE began generating this error for users.
JDE needs full access to the registry keys that specify the PDF reader:

regini \Registry\Machine\software\classes\.pdf [1 5 9 17]
regini \Registry\Machine\software\classes\AcroExch.Document\shell\open\command [1 5 9 17]

Thanks to this post I was able to connect the dots between this new issue and the existing JDE registry permissions issue we knew about.

Thanks,

Back