ERP Maintenance

Alpinist

I'm looking for war stories (both positive and negative) from anyone who has canceled their maintenance contract and went to a 3rd party (or not) and then back on to the vendor maintenance plan. What was your experience like? Would you do it again? Do you have any advice?

I was not directly involved in this cases but I know some cases where group company restart the maintenance plan on a new company (different from the previous one) paying a little penalty. That's related to the interesting in Oracle manager to re-open the channel so it could help to start a JDE conversion project at the same time ......

Hi,

Here's a nice read about ERP maintenance...

http://panorama-consulting.com/canceling-erp-software-maintenance-when-the-corporate-hero-becomes-the-erp-fall-guy/

Hope it helps.
smirk.gif

Thank you for the response. I'm familiar with that article, since I wrote it. I appreciate you reading my blog at Panorama Consulting. I'm looking to expand on my blog entry based on some responses I've gotten to that particular article, which is why I'm posting here looking for some more war stories to add to it.
Kevin Cahill

Back