EnterpriseOne TR 9.1 on Win 2k3

max_xx

Well Known Member
Hi,

Has anyone tried the new TR 9.1 on Win 2k3 machines ?
I had JDE 9.0 TR 8.98.0.4 installed on Win 2k3 machines. It was working fine.
I have tried upgrading the TR to 9.1. The deployment server and Server Manager upgrade went on fine without any issues. The Enterprise Server upgrade also completed successfully but when I am trying to start the E1 service on the Enterprise Server, I am getting the error :

"Could Not Start the JDE E900 B9 Network Service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. "

I am getting the above error immediately after trying to start the service. There is no waiting time.

There are no logs noted in the kernel log files. The kernels are not even initializing...
I have tried to start the service from Server Manager but that too is not working.

Any idea of where I should look for more clues
OR
Is TR 9.1 not supported on Win2K3 servers (the upgrade went on fine though)

Config:
Dep Sever: Win 2K3 JDE 9.0 TR upgraded to 9.1
Svr Manager: Installed on Dep Server, upgraded to 9.1
Enterprise Server: Wind 2k3 JDE 9.0, upgraded to 9.1 (giving issues with service)
Web Server (Win 2k3, OAS, not tried upgrading the TR)

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Max

You got that right Max! TR9.1 supports only Win 2k8.
Now wait a minute, did you take the upgrade tasks on yourself .... before reading the TR9.1 MTR(s)?

I did that Adrian. Stupid me.
Nevertheless, I was able to start the services on current config i.e. on Win 2k3 - 32 bit
smile.gif

All I did was on the Enterprise server, went into system\bin32 folder and tried starting JDENET. It showed me a DLL error. Did a bit of googling and found that the dll is related to Visual Studio 2k10. Downloaded the re-distributable for MS Visual Studio 2k10, installed it on the Ent Server. The services started fine after that.

Now, jumping onto the WebServer.
I have OAS 10gR3 installed. I tried installing the TR on top of 8.98.0.4 through the Server Manager(9.1). The installation completed successfully but when trying to open the Web page for JDE, its staying "Page not found".
Also, I tried installing a new instance but that too failed i.e. the installation of new instance failed.

Apart from that what I noticed is that after installing the TR, all my current settings in JAS and JDBJ were blanked out. Luckily I had taken a backup of JAS and JDBJ but putting that back in blank one, its still showing the same error.

Guess, the buck stops here.
Do you recon I should further try making it run on OAS.
I did read somewhere that OAS is no longer supported and for TR 9.1 Weblogic is the only option. Is that correct ????

-Max

I have TR 9.1 on a Win 2k3 machine, you just need to load the .NET 2010 redistrib from Microsoft. If you try running the JDESNET from a command line this will also show any other errors.

Max,

From what I read, only Weblogic and Websphere are supported web servers for TR 9.1. As an OAS shop, we aren't happy, but as has been stated on previous posts, the handwriting has been on the wall about this for over a year.

[ QUOTE ]
I did that Adrian. Stupid me.
Nevertheless, I was able to start the services on current config i.e. on Win 2k3 - 32 bit
smile.gif

All I did was on the Enterprise server, went into system\bin32 folder and tried starting JDENET. It showed me a DLL error. Did a bit of googling and found that the dll is related to Visual Studio 2k10. Downloaded the re-distributable for MS Visual Studio 2k10, installed it on the Ent Server. The services started fine after that.

Now, jumping onto the WebServer.
I have OAS 10gR3 installed. I tried installing the TR on top of 8.98.0.4 through the Server Manager(9.1). The installation completed successfully but when trying to open the Web page for JDE, its staying "Page not found".
Also, I tried installing a new instance but that too failed i.e. the installation of new instance failed.

Apart from that what I noticed is that after installing the TR, all my current settings in JAS and JDBJ were blanked out. Luckily I had taken a backup of JAS and JDBJ but putting that back in blank one, its still showing the same error.

Guess, the buck stops here.
Do you recon I should further try making it run on OAS.
I did read somewhere that OAS is no longer supported and for TR 9.1 Weblogic is the only option. Is that correct ????

-Max

[/ QUOTE ]

Max

Read the MTRs. OAS is NOT supported. W2K3 is NOT supported. IE7 is NOT supported.

Back