EnterpriseOne 9.2 Available for Download

jdel6654

VIP Member
I was able to get the tools release downloaded since it seems to be available thru both UpdateCenter and EDelivery.

Has anyone found where to download platform packs for E1 9.2 off of EDelivery?

@ edelivery: Found many links with module name directing to 9.2 and not one states stand alone installation.

I was able to get the tools release downloaded since it seems to be available thru both UpdateCenter and EDelivery.

Do you happen to have success with tools update? i am receiving security server error.

Woohoo - no more 10 character limit - woohoo!!!!!

Sorry - just had to jump up and down over that one. It only took, what, 10 years to get rid of the 10 character password limit ?! Finally LDAP will work "as designed" !

I'm downloading 9.2 at the moment - will hopefully have it all up and running before the weekend. One thing I did notice is a new Change Assistant ! And it allows a 64bit JRE !!! Another Woohoo for that one !

Woohoo - no more 10 character limit - woohoo!!!!!

Sorry - just had to jump up and down over that one. It only took, what, 10 years to get rid of the 10 character password limit ?!

Give it a few months, we will all be complaining when admins go crazy and set minimum PW length to 30 characters. :)

Well, (is it 30 chars ? I hope not - was hoping it was 128chars or so), at least a password of 30 characters is somewhat difficult to remember for most people. I think mine is 15 characters long, and THATS a pain in the butt to type ! I think 30 character password limit at the very least would cover 99.9% of all users, as opposed to the ~40% that a 10 character password covered before!

Theres some very interesting differences between 9.1 and 9.2

First of all, Oracle12c is being used for the local OEE on fat clients and the deployment server. When the installer is running, it prompts where to install E1Local - so this is much better than modifying the .ini file before.

Secondly, Server Manager now requires a Weblogic (or Websphere I presume) server. We've already seen the option to have Weblogic, but OC4J has completely gone away now, so either you install the weblogic server on the deployment server OR you install Server Manager on an already-installed Weblogic server. Gradually, the Deployment Server is becoming less and less.

AES encryption on the .INI files. I haven't fully explored this yet - but we did see a certain amount of encryption of passwords on the .INI files be introduced recently. Of course the negative aspect for us CNC's is that this removes the ability to modify the INI files directly (which, since Server Manager, we're not supposed to do anyway !). Hopefully this results in reduced support calls to oracle - but I have a feeling it might do the reverse !

The Simplified Upgrade. This is going to (hopefully) be "The" way to upgrade from recent editions (like 9.1 to 9.2, etc) to minimize the retrofit. I haven't fully explored this option yet, but its interesting that there are several places where this is available (platform pack install and the installation plan).

The documents are already uploaded for Unix / Oracle - but I did notice that not all the documents are available just yet.

Remember, this is a very, very EARLY release. I'm certain theres a TON of bugs in 9.2 at the moment - they've already release Tools Release 9.2.0.1 - and I'd expect to see continued updates for a while. Any customer STARTING an installation should be going with 9.2 - but nobody should be upgrading until at least after Openworld !

Yes Jon, the simplified part has my attention in this release. So if a customer modified E1 object is not changed in the 9.2 release, that object is not brought in from 9.2; uses the one from the customers Central object.
When going in for simplified upgrade, the CO for the pathcode is not installed. The previous release CO is being used and the new / changed objects in 9.2 is merged from Pristine.

So it looks like the Platform Pack downloads are a little different now. If I search for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Financials, I get a set of files. One of these files is a ~2.5 GB file for the platform pack.

On e-Delivery, if you search for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne System Foundation, it should bring up a generic platform pack (it did for me, for the Win-64 platform).

Does anyone know when will be the TR 9.2.0.3 (The stable and tested release) will be available approx.?

Thanks
AD

Another big addition with tools 9.2 ( This will be available for app 9.0 and 9.1) is the Management of User Defined Objects or MUDO. This is essentially a web based OMW , with the same concept of projects and objects and transfer activity rules , to be used for non OL objects - so mainly - E1 Pages , CafeOne layouts , OVRs , queries etc. Currently there are different methods used for each of these object types to transfer them between environments .

When doing a Tools upgrade to 9.2 there will be an actual conversion process you will run to convert your existing objects so that they may be managed and promoted using this new feature

Back