EnterpriseOne 8.9 Application Net-Change Release Notes?

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
Has anyone found much in the way of net-change documentation for EnterpriseOne 8.9 Applications? I've found documentation for technical net-change, but absolutely nothing for applications.

The EO8.9 distribution CD's come with the full documentation, but nothing like a net-change set of release notes, which I'm used to seeing with any new software version release. I've seen on PeopleSoft's website that they are offering an "Enterprise License CD", but at a cost of 24 training units (approx. US$12,000) -- I think it's ridiculous for customers to have to pay this kind of money just to get net-change information. That is part of what our annual support is for!

On a PeopleSoft Advisor session I attended this morning, I asked specifically about this, and was told that future releases will again include net-change documentation, but that this isn't available with the EnterpriseOne 8.9 CD's. That's great for the future, but we're moving to EO8.9 now and our users need this information now.

Maybe if enough customers let PeopleSoft know of their dissatisfaction with this decision, they'll change their tune and produce net-change release notes, as they should have in the first place.

Don,
I'd like to say "here they are", but I've done the rounds on BP's, clients and other "independents" and the resounding silence was deafening!!

The little I had in the way of technical, apps I shared (its there is you dig deap enough!), but all the feed back has been that there is NO apps net change.

For a recent client I have resorted to looking through the 8.9 documentation - which is better than previously seen - but does no fill me with confidence that I have caught everything.

Indeed, this is also exacerbated by the EU help desk stating (to the current client) that there is no demo version.

So we have been left with some tech doc, no apps and no demo version to base the plans for the future - whichever way you look at it - not good!

I hope that this is just the transition and not how its going to be for the future!

Peter

I was also looking for the same but couldnt found anything. I dont think they have formally released this kind of document at all. But I think peoplesoft will do that....(may after we are done with upgrade..!!!) In the meantime, if someone find it or similar kind of doc, please share with list, just in case. Same here. I found one about tech net-change, but i think you guys are already aware of it.

Thanx. Good luck.
Regards,
Alex

There may be no Net Change Manual but I have managed to download a fair amount of 8.9 Application Enhancements documentation from the KG yesterday. It is mainy designed towards anyone reselling Enterprise One but it does make an interesting read if you want an overview... But sadly there is no detail. Not too much help if you are implementing but it should give you the pointers so you can look it up in the Manuals.

I was on the Business Partner KG to get this.

I checked out the training schedule as well.... Am I wrong but is there also no Net Change Training lined up? How is anyone internally at PeopleSoft meant to learn the new features in order to sell or support them? Worrying. How much support can clients expect in future? It reminds of the very early days of OneWorld back in 97... I hope I am wrong. Maybe great software isn't released - it escapes.

Hi Guys

I do know that some stuff is available.... but how to get it. I am lucky as I work for a preffered business partner and as such we have been issued with "kits" to ease the pain of migration. This was originally designed for ERP 9.0 however that actually became Enterprise 8.9.

As for changes.... a number of modules have been changed to come in line with the peoplesoft product. A good example of this is CRM which is now peoplesoft functionality inside JDE. They actually took the peoplesoft specs and recreated them using the JDE tool set - and thus you have a fully integrated product. Other modules - such as parts of Human Resources are available as stand alone bolt on modules connected by flat files. The really big changes come in Supply Chain. Here they have added extra functionality which makes a big difference. The main things are 2 UOMs per transaction and a whole load of extra dates on lot master. The 2 UOMs do not have to be connected - for example you can sell an item called FISH and every fish you sell may have a different weight. Thus ALL transactions can be tracked either by FISH or by Kg.

The consequence of this is that the supply chain tables have been REDESIGNED. The stuctures are DIFFERENT and many tables have DISAPPEARED completely. This is a real mindf**k for anyone who has made customisations.

The kit is to help the transition from one table stucture in ERP 8 to get to ERP 9 and consists of a number of web-based pages and and documents to get you up to speedd with the new approach quickly. There are tools avilable for the migration, but it takes some time to get your head around it.

I hope this helps - I don't have time to detail all changes between ERP 8 and (), but your local peoplesoft office should have a powerpoint listing all the differences. Just push them for it.

Regards

Ross

Back