• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

emailing reports from JDE

itopia

I would like to email pdf reports as attachment to email
within One World. Please provide suggestions/ideas.

Thanks

condor

Hi.. I'm also looking for the same, but in my case, I need to send the pdf file back to the user who submitted the job automatically. Because this reports will be in batch mode, I don't users spending their time waiting for the reports. I want the system to tell the user when is ready.

I was thinking of Workflow but still in the first stage. If you have any idea regarding this it would be appreciate it.

Best regards

mciruzzi

Iopia: Investigate the B0500190 business function. It uses the SMTP api. You need to populate the correct values and invoke it from your UBE. I tested in UNIX and NT and works well. You need to configure your server side INI mail parameters.

Condor: If you configure your INI's mail entries, and the users have their mail address in the Who's Who table, they will receive a notification mail automaticaly. The mail will be sigened as sender by the value you enter in the Rule3 entry of the MAIL paragraph of the server's ini.

Miguel
XE SP_15 Update 1 Oracle 8.1.7 HP-UX 11i Win200 Deployment. Experience in other realeases and platforms

Larry_Jones

Legendary Poster
Good reply Miguel, B0500190 is a good tool. The missing piece of this puzzle for me though has been identifying the name/location of the UBE output file in order to include it as an attachment. Do you have a trick or method to accomplish this?

Larry Jones
ljones@wagstaff.com
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials