Emailing PDFs through Formscape

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
Is anyone using Formscape to send emails? What is the set up? the email address will be based upon the UBE and version that is coming across in the properties of the PDF.

Stephanie

I do not know the answer to your question but we will be going down this road shortly when we look to e-mail our Bills in .PDF format. Are you using Covus or Formscape? Have you joined the user group. Maybe we can help eachother in the future. Keep in touch.

Hi,

We are still on 2.4.2, we will probably upgrade to V3 but not sure when. It isn't broken so why fix it.

Let me know if you need help
Stephanie

Hello,

I'm not using JDE but we are using Formscape Version 3 and all our forms have been designed to be emailed as PDFs, if not now the hooks are there to email.

It's fairly trivial to set it up in V3. The object is straight forward taking the email server's name, to address, from address (which does not need to be a valid email address at all I found), then subject, body and any attachments all as child objects of the email object.

There was one issue with formscape runtime server being on Win2003 that formscape has a fix for (2003 lacking a certain DLL). Other than that it is really easy.

We've developed forms that generate text reports as the email body. I have also set up error branches that email me when problems occur.

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks,
Michael Sperl

Back