Email Body content in JDE BI Publisher (Embedded)

dss01

dss01

Hello,

I am trying to send an email using embedded BI Publisher.
Instead of the plain text message in the email body, user wants to see some formatted text e.g. different font, color and Summary table in BODY of the email.
I am using HTML tags to achieve this.

Since JDE uses text in "Item Glossary text" (of DD Item) as email body, I am placing an my HTML code there.
Email body has dynamic content, which I am handling using the &1, &2...parameters

1. When email is sent through BIP, un-formatted email text is sent

2. When I send the same HTML code through custom BSFN using JDE_SendEMailSMTPExt API it works great (Formatted text is sent in the body of email).

Can you please suggest me on where I might be going wrong in BIP?

Sample HTML Code:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><div style="margin:0;font:12px/16px Arial,sans-serif"> <table style="width:500px;color:rgb(51,51,51);margin:0 auto;border-collapse:collapse"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align:top;font-size:13px;line-height:18px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><br><br><table style="width:500px;border-collapse:collapse"><tbody><tr><td style="width:500px;border-bottom:1px solid rgb(234,234,234);padding top:10px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:10px;vertical-align:top;font-size:13px;line-height:18px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><div style="font-size:18px;line-height:30px;color:rgb(204,102,0)"> Dear Valued Customer, <br><br><font style="color:#009900"> Attached you will find a copy of your invoice.</font><br></div></td> </tr> </tbody></table></div></html>

Thanks,
Deepak

JDE Release - 9.0 | Tools - 8.98.4.2

You cannot achieve this directly. But you can do using archiving the BI Publisher output. Retrieving that from that location and then using Email function.
Utilize End Report event for this.

Just found out that this a know issue and there is an open Oracle bug 16636067 for this :(

Back