Edit Primary Key of a Table

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
I have a custom JDE application having alpha numeric field as primary key(you might wonder who have chosen alpha numeric key as primary key. It is a clone of very old Access application). This field is referenced in seven detail files. Unfortunately, the user miss type the information and they want to edit this field after adding new record. In the Fix/Inspect form, the primary key field will be disabled while loading for an update.

What is the best way to overcome the issue ?
I can make UKID as primary field, but I have to edit the entire module, which is having about 25 objects.

Rauf,

Can you add additional functionality (if it is not already there) to copy, add and delete records? Would that help?

Yes !

This copy should work. But I have to 'implement' the copy feature for all related tables. Right ?

Rauf,

You may have to implement a separate copy feature for each related tables or a single copy feature that handles all related tables or somewhere in between. I don't know, because I don't know how the related tables are related or connected. You will be able to work that out for yourself.

Best wishes for a successful solution.

Back