EDI Sales Order and Obsolete Items

bwilkinson

bwilkinson

Well Known Member
We have it where when we manualy enter a sales order and enter a obsolete sku (marked "O" in the branch plant) the system will take the line and cancel it when you click submit but when we upload an order using EDI (R47011) if the order contains an obsolete sku the order will not upload and we end up having to cancel out the line before we run the R47011 again.

Is there a way to get it accept the order and simply have it cancel the line on the order.

Check if the versions you are using R47011 are different then used for Sales Order.

Its possible that R47011 might not have all the functionality stuffed in Sales Order.

Chan

I just ran a test in our DV environment and had no problem getting an Obsolete Item to create a sales order with a cancelled line using R47011. I've done quite a bit of work with this for other reasons and I know the functionality occurs with Edit Line.

Are you sure there isn't another reason why this particular item would not enter? Are you checking the WC for other errors? Are you looking at the pdf of orders that were created? Have you had the order dropped into the DV environment to see if it is reproducable and then run through debug?

I know you asked this for a quick answer off the top of someone's head, but there are a number of things you could do research wise. I'd suggest getting with a developer (if you aren't one) and running this through debug to determine a cause.

The R47011 and P4210 share processing options. They both call the Master Business Functions the same way. The only difference should be how the parameters are gathered. Manual Entry requires user input. EDI requires input from a table. Versioning shouldn't make a big difference because, unless I'm greatly mistaken, there isn't a processing option that tells order entry how to handle obsolete stocking types. It's handled with B4200311.

GuitarMan,

You are correct I just tried putting and order up with an obsolete item and sure enough it went in. What happend is that we are using the Item Cross Ref (P4104) for items coming in to JDE and discovered when an am Item was marked Obsolete in the Item Master they would go in and remove the record from the Item Cross Ref.

Thanks for the help

Back