EDI Inbound Order Processing

alanw58

alanw58

Running EnterpriseOne 8.11

Occasionally when order volumes are high the inbound sales order processing job R47011 is finishing before it has loaded all of the days orders into JDE. This will happen more and more once our main business unit is live on the system.

If we rerun the job then it usually goes through ok, but we may have to do it again. The idea was that the job would run on the Job Scheduler overnight so that the order book is ready when the Sales Team starts work.

Looking at the logs for the jobs run, the line :

4800518/1 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue May 5 06:07:50.333300 jdb_exef.c4288
JDB3300006 - Failed to validate request handle

always appears in the log. On the occasions the job finishes early I found this in the log file:

4800518/1 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue May 5 06:47:16.944837 jdb_utl1.c2623
JDB9900600 - Failed to store value, maximum exceeded. Probable cause is forgetting to call jdeRemoveDataPtr()

Any ideas?

I am curious to know what your volume is when this error happens. We have processed more than 23,000 lines in one run without errors. Clearly, you are blowing through some limit. It may be hard to tell what pointer is failing without some deep digging.

My recommendation, as a work around / permanent solution, would be to see if you can break it out by Trading Partner as data selection. This would allow you to schedule multiple versions of R47011 to run and keep it under the limit.

Jer

I think other companies may not have hit the same problem/limit because we have hundreds of different SKUs. Customers will order maybe 100 beds all of which are different SKUs, so we may receive 100 lines of quantity=1 rather than 1 line of quantity=100. Some of the bigger customers will be ordering thousands so my guess is that there's a limit of something like 999 on order lines per order. But where I find that limit I don't know
blush.gif
(

Question: I think other companies may not have hit the same problem/limit
because we have hundreds of different SKUs. Customers will order maybe 100
beds all of which are different SKUs, so we may receive 100 lines of
quantity=1 rather than 1 line of quantity=100. Some of the bigger
customers will be ordering thousands so my guess is that there's a limit
of something like 999 on order lines per order. But where I find that
limit I don't know

Reply: The line number alias has 6 digits with 3 decimals. The limit could
be 999 lines if you specify 1 for the increase in line numbers. If you
need more, like 9999 lines, you could indicate the line increment to be .1