EDI 810 Invoices and 3-Way Match

sally_earnest

Our AP department is currently keying vendor invoices and doing a 3-way match to the purchase order and receipt (P4314). We have had some vendors request that we receive their invoices via EDI 810 transactions. Has anyone tried this using the JDE 47 system to match the invoices in the EDI batch process. Do you have to write an upfront program to get the information in the P47041,42, and 44 files that is not provided by the EDI file (such as company, document number, etc.) Also, how would you handle freight allowances? I have had numerous communications with the JDE support line and I can't get an answer. I would like to talk,write,.. with someone who has done this. Any help would be appreciated.

Mohawk Industries, Inc.
running JDE A7.3 Cume 11, AP,GL,AP,PO,IN...

--part1_61.b2219e4.27b0b8f9_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

We currently receive 810 invoices from 3 of our vendors and do the 3 way
match. Our EDI software Extol maps the incoming data to the 47 files. I
then run a program to convert the UPC code to the correct item number, load
in the purchase order line number etc. If you have any more questions you
can contact me offline.

Andy Renk
Chambers & Owen, Inc.
[email protected]
running JDE 7.3 cum8

--part1_61.b2219e4.27b0b8f9_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>We currently receive 810 invoices from 3 of our vendors and do the 3 way

match. Our EDI software Extol maps the incoming data to the 47 files. I

then run a program to convert the UPC code to the correct item number, load

in the purchase order line number etc. If you have any more questions you

can contact me offline.

Andy Renk

Chambers & Owen, Inc.

[email protected]

running JDE 7.3 cum8 </FONT></HTML>

--part1_61.b2219e4.27b0b8f9_boundary--

To add lines for allowances and charges you have to populate the "Allowance Charge Indicator" ( it's something like SZACI) ield in the F47042 with and A or C, and set processing options in P470412 to allow the addition of lines, apply a line type, and set last and next status codes. I have been using this process to load "batch" invoices from a file, not for actual EDI transactions. We wrote a program to populate the F4704x files.

David Worthen
JD Edwards Certified Professional
DataProfit Corporation
[email protected]

Hi David:
Which Processing option did you setup to allow the add of new records? tHANKS. CARLOS

Back