• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

E1 Pages Error "Versions with Client marked as 'Client Only' cannot be submitted

tatscub

E1 Pages Error "Versions with Client marked as 'Client Only' cannot be submitted

Hello there ,
I have a second e1 pages error I am encountering and would very definatly appreciate any help from more experienced E1Pages veterans out there . I am trying to get a UBE to prompt the user to check or enter Processing Options before running from an E1 Page. I've done a lot of digging around on the web and as far as I can tell there isn't a way to prompt for just Processing options but you can prompt for data selection and Processing options. this is fine for my requirements as the users are happy with that . following the instructions I've found I've been using the following syntax

@3:color=yellow|description= Run UBE R55JOBLST Version VF55203B:OPEN_ORDERS_WEST_MUNROE:runE1UBEBlind('R55JOBLST','promptForDS','VF55203B','1')

I'm using the promptForDS, and '1' flags to trigger the User to enter / check data selection and Processing options

now this is where it gets confusing. although my E1 page renders nicely when I click on the button to run the UBE I get the following Error

Versions with Client Platform marked as 'Client Only' cannot be submitted from the web.

I know I must be missing something fundamental here , there has to be a setting some where on the version im not aware of of some part of JDE that I am completely failing to see to make this happen , I am sure that there are many people who run UBE's via an E1 page and successfully prompt the User to enter Processing options and Data selection . I would be very grateful indeed if any one can point me towards a solution. this is definitely a knowledge gap on my part and I am sure its going to turn out to be a basic and very silly one .

Thank you all in advance for any help you might be able to give me

Charlie

tatscub

Hi guys,
I have an update for this issue, now I haven't managed to resolve it as such, however I have found if I code my dat file using task I'ds instead of coding out explicitly all the parameters the reports behave . most intreaging I think this might be down to something on the report versions so in summary

@3:color=yellow|description= Run UBE R55JOBLST Version VF55203B:OPEN_ORDERS_WEST_MUNROE:runE1UBEBlind('R5 5JOBLST','promptForDS','VF55203B','1')
throws the error

however
@3:task=20/VPSMRIV1|color=yellow works fine

confusing , I'm still hunting around for an answer and will post more when I find out more

We are on Tools 9.1.5.5 and here is what I have found after extensive testing:

runE1UBE('report_name') - this calls up the report in the batch version screen and user can then select which version to run.
runE1UBEBlind('report_name','COB0001','0') - this runs the selected version, skips data selection and processing options and goes straight to the Printer Selection screen.
runE1UBE('report_name','promptForDS','report_version','0') - this runs the selected version, and presents the data selection screen but skips processing options.
runE1UBE('report_name','promptForDS','report_version','1') - this runs the selected version, and presents both the data selection and processing option screens.