E1 pages and E1 Page Generator for 9.1

MarshallB

Well Known Member
Hello All,
Has anyone had much success with E1 pages, and the E1PageGenerator? I am trying to get a handle on them on our 9.1 standalone as our full 9.1.0.3 install is being finished. I keep running into an error after generating pages using the E1 generator, zipping the file and pulling into 9.1 that says "EnterpriseOne page does not contain contents for rendering".
Now, there is a documented bug for this issue, bug number 13600084, however the bug text claims that the issue lies with using winzip, or integrated windows zip programs and a workaround is to use 7-zip for the zipping and extraction. The problem for me is that didn't work either. I am working on the problem with oracle, but was curious if others have had success, and what your methods were.
Thanks.

I've been working with E1 Pages for a few months now and have had good luck in creating and publishing them. Refer to document # 1394280.1 for a good explanation of the tool and the steps to follow. I had to use a file called zip.exe for creating the .zip file.

Hi Don,

I have managed to create pages and import them in JDE. It works fine for the applications but not for the UBEs. When I click on a UBE box on the process map, I get to the versions list and not directly the corresponding version.
I see that works the same way for the sample pages.

Do you have the same issue with your pages?

Thanks,

Helene

Below is a sample line that will run a UBE and have it prompt for data selection only. The key is the runE1UBE function name, as well as the 'promptForDS' as parameter two and '0' as parameter four.

@O:color=green|reportId=R55xxxx:BOMPRINTSINGLE_TITLE:runE1UBE('R55xxxx','promptForDS','zzz0001','0')

Hope this helps.

Hi Don,

Where did you get the zip.exe file from.

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

Ron

Hi Don, I did refer the document, have 7-zip file also. I tried to zip and upload but still gets the same error "Page does not contain contents" silly question : how did you use ZIP.EXE to zip your folder ?

Thanks,
Hitch

It's on support.oracle.com..look for E1Page: FAQ yu will find it. I tried to attach but it has limitations due to .exe.

Hi Marshall - Did you get any solution form Oracle. I am facing the same issue what you had. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hitch

Hitch,
For us it ended up being a tools difference. We are now on 9.1.0.3 and it works well with 7-zip, or zip.exe within the generator directory.

Marshall

I just put the zip.exe into the same directory as the generatePages.bat file. Also, don't forget to install java and have the bin subfolder of a java installation in your PATH variable.

Hey Guys
I have been playing with this as well. Do you have the ability to change the Carousel itself or add a link in the help button

Hi Marshall,

I am on TR 9.1.0.4.

I want to open a new window with url www.cnn.com

I am using E1Generator did write a code in .dat file

@A:window.open('http://www.cnn.com'); it did not work any clue ?

Thanks,
Hitch

Dear All,
I am also try to become familiar with this E1 pages. This is our first date and I really enjoy it
smile.gif

Does anyone the ability to change the default page sequence?
How can I mark a page to be the default one? (I would like to select it to be the first page when users log in).

I have been read many white papers, but can't find answers..

Thanks in advance,
Kriszti

Hey Guys

on the topic of E1Pages, Do you knpw how to embed an image . If embed the image it takes the absolute location of the image, obviously its not working.
If I say /img/<imagename> its not showing even though the file had been added and uploaded. Any one faced this issue

Hello Every one,
I was wondering on the E1 Pages Prompt Commands, any one knows how to write a code to take me to processing options?
I know if I set this code:
reportId=R09110Z|version=MOL0002:JE Uplaod - PROOF:runE1UBE('R09110Z','promptForDS','MOL0002','0')
it will prompt for Data selection. and if i add a (1) instead of a (0) at the end will prompt for Data selections, and Proccesing option. what I am looking for is a code that would take straight to proccesing options! so prompt only for PO! any help? thank you very much.

Hi Royter,
Did you find an answer to your question? I'm trying to do the same thing, (prompt for PO not DS).

If the ube on the menu is set to call P.O. and not data selection, you can just use the task id in the page setup and it will skip the call for data selection.
EX: @A:task=006261:Sales Order Entry
I think you have to use the 4.0 page generator for this though.

Hi EveryOne,

I am developing E1 Pages ,but when I am upload my zip content in P982400 application its upload successfully but when i Save the Record and come to main screen and again select the same record then the upload zip file disappear.so anyone help me out regarding this issue.

Regards,
Sachin

Back