E9.2 E1 P4100 Invalid Location Format. What are my options to increase the location size?

JT43

Our branch plant locations were set to 6 characters, there is now a need to increase it to 8. I tried revising the branch plant location and field definition(i,.e.,adding code 6 and 7), ran the UBE R41821 but no success. I heard SQL data revision might be an option but not sure which table(s). I'm open to any standard or non-standard approach and suggestions. Thanks

I have recently modified a custom field from 6 characters to 10 characters.
- Modified DD
- Build package and deploy
- Regenerate the tables which have that field

This works. You may also need to revise some UBE to enlarge the field width.

Alvin,
JT is asking about increasing the displayed size of the location field, which is a native JDE field. You would definitely NOT want to change this DD's field size, as it is used in countless places in JDE, and you would most assuredly be shooting yourself in the foot!

The location field can be defined with multiple segments, each with a separate length - that is what JT is really asking about changing (I believe). I don't have an answer to that, but wanted to make it clear right away that changing the DD size (especially for a native JDE DD item) is DANGEROUS!

I have recently modified a custom field from 6 characters to 10 characters.
- Modified DD
- Build package and deploy
- Regenerate the tables which have that field

This works. You may also need to revise some UBE to enlarge the field width.
Thanks Alvin. I am referring to the resize of the location field as clarified by DSauve.

Back