E1 MTRs (oh, Certifications) and Windows 8.1

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Its MONDAY (at least at the time I write this),

Sometimes - that Support.Oracle.Com site is just convoluted!....

That said - I'm trying to find any MTRs (Certifications) that state either E1 Developer or Standalone can be installed on Windows 8.1. Frankly, I'm just not plugging in the right keywords (or something???). I read a post that stated their Standalone was working on 8.1 - but that's about as far as I've seen.

Any confirmations before I traverse the road to building a full-blown Standalone on W8.1?

Anyone tried installing Standalone on W10, yet? How bad did it explode?

(db)

Hi, Dan.

I looked this morning, and while I didn't find anything about the Standalone certifications, I did see that the Developer client with Tools 9.1.5.x is indeed certified with Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

Hey Dan

On support.oracle.com - click on "certifications" - then type into product field (or choose) "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development Client" and under tools release choose 9.1.5.0

Click "search" and it will pull up the requirements for you - it states "4 Versions(8.1,8,7,2012 R2)" - so yes, it does state 8.1

No information on Windows10 yet - since it hasn't been released yet (July 29 is the release date). More than likely, it will work fine.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Don / Jon

That's probably good enough of a response, to go try? =D

I'll try and let y'all know my results.

(db)

Last edited:
If you are able to install 9.1 on Windows 8.1, please let me know. I attempted this on two different laptops and failed on each laptop multiple times. Configuration assistant would not build on both machines. About 82 percent of the way through the 64 bit JDE Client object build. Database built okay.

If you are able to install 9.1 on Windows 8.1, please let me know. I attempted this on two different laptops and failed on each laptop multiple times. Configuration assistant would not build on both machines. About 82 percent of the way through the 64 bit JDE Client object build. Database built okay.
i recently had success with 2 instance of stand alone on 8.1. Make sure you have your firewall and antivirus turned off. But i do have few attempts failed earlier with different step. turning off antivirus taken care of those issues. I never had issue @ configuration assistant.

Thanks,

I've not seen issues - and I've even got a full install running on AWS with 8.1. Agreed with turning off firewall, antivirus and make sure you run everything as a local administrator too !

Thanks. So it CAN be done. Got it to install on a Windows 7.0. But still cannot get it to install on the 8.1. Laptop.

Back