E1 Customer self-service vs ERP2WEB pacakge

kk_jde

Hello,

We are evaluating a web solution for our company. I understand the limited functionality available through E1/Oracle customer self-service. We also saw demo of Erp2Web solution (CDI technologies), a packaged software written in .net pre-built to work with E1 through XML interoperability. Functionality and the software looked good.

Has anyone had any experience with this software? Deployment time, performance, architecture/software reliability, security, user maintenance, etc? Any help? Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for a e-commerce solution that would be helpful too. Thanks.

Krish
E1 8.11 SP2 tools 8.98.3.4
Running on AS400, WebSphere

Krish - I have seen ERP2Web at number of our clients and all of them have been very happy with the capability and flexibility. Many of our customers are looking for Ecommerce solutions and we have been involved with many of them evaluating products out in the market. Mostly the decision come down to three different options:

1. JDE CSS - Difficult solution with Technical challenges. Not flexible.
2. Build your own - Not difficult to do, but the upkeep and maintenance becomes overwhelming.
3. Third Party - Such as ERP2WEB. They all the bells and whistles that you would need prepackaged. But you have flexibility change it to fit your needs. Make CDI responsible for improving functionality and maintenance.

I have heard of clients who upgraded from XE to 812 or 9.0 and their ERP2Web system never had to change. That is more than I can say if you were using JDE CSS or if you built your own.

Just my 2 cents

Hi Krish,
to better understand, how does Erp2Web use E1 XML interoperability?
Is there a kind of Erp2Web "plugin" that call E1 BSFN or xml list to create order, to inquiry customer and so on ("real time" integration)? Or does it generate XML document to exchange information using batch with E1 ("scheduled" integration)?
thanks
gg

Back