E1 BSFN Errors - can we read them in the COM?

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi folks,

Most BSFNs in E1 will have a DTAI field to transmit back up an error code.

I have an issue in that a few BSFNs are generating an error that are not coming all the way back up to the calling program.
However if this were called in an APPL I am sure I would see it in the header exception.

Is there anyway you can read a thread and get a list and loop through errors thrown in a BSFN?
I know there is SV Error Status, but is there more available to us in event rules.

Note, this is not UBE level errors, but BSFN errors.

Thanks

John

John,

Not in event rules, but in a C function you can traverse the error list. We have a function that does this and writes the errors to a table, returning a unique key for the list. Then you can display the errors however you want. It's used in some UBEs that call MBFs and we wanted the error details to show in an exception report. I think someone may have posted an example here in the past.

Craig

Thanks folks
Jeez, it seems to be amazing that I research into questions it looks like I already (at one point) knew the answer to. I must be getting old :)

So reading does Brian's BSFN work or did people need to change a few minor things first? I am on UNIX

it works but don't use it when calling the bsfn from BSSV. bsfn's called from BSSV need to use the jde java api's to get the errors.

something like this

//Get the string representation of all the messages.
String error = messages.getMessagesAsString();

Last edited:
it works but don't use it when calling the bsfn from BSSV. bsfn's called from BSSV need to use the jde java api's to get the errors.

something like this

//Get the string representation of all the messages.
String error = messages.getMessagesAsString();

Ah ok thanks for that as some of these are actually called from BSSVs. Remember my post a few weeks back....this is step 2 :)

for bsfn i know are going to be executed from bssv I had to add a ds member cCalledFromBSSV and check that in the bsfn. if it's called from bssv I do nothing and it's the responsibility of bssv to set proper error messages to the caller.

Back